Post Date: 09/03/2019
Close Date: 09/30/2019
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens.
TITLE: LEAD Screening and Outreach Coordinator – Multnomah
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
SALARY: $19.64 - $22.58, Hourly
SUMMARY: The LEAD Screening and Outreach Coordinator works as a member of a multi-disciplinary team providing screening, outreach, and service brokerage to participants referred to the LEAD program. The team coordinates with community resources to broker services provide access to address client needs, including substance abuse treatment, medication management, physical health treatment, mental health treatment, benefits and entitlements, appropriate and affordable housing, employment and educational opportunities, and supports for basic needs.
The LEAD Screening/Outreach Coordinator will act as the contact point for all referrals to LEAD case management. As such, this position must ensure effective and efficient communication and collaboration between all the partners involved in referring and receiving referrals for LEAD. This position will provide screening, outreach, and engagement to individuals referred to LEAD.
1. CADC I or higher and/or an undergraduate degree in a behavioral health field required. Relevant experience may substitute for degree.
2. Lived experience preferred.
3. Bi-lingual preferred.
4. If in recovery, must be able to document continuous abstinence under independent living conditions or recovery housing for the immediate past two years.
5. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
6. Will be required to carry an agency cell phone for work use. Cell phone will be provided by Central City Concern.
7. Must possess a current driver’s license, pass a DMV background check and be designated an “acceptable” driver as outlined in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety Policy. Must pass an initial drivers training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification training.
8. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
9. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and individuals with diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds, religious views, life-styles, and sexual orientations and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
HOW TO APPLY: Check out the full job description and apply at:
You must apply on the website and upload your resume and cover letter in order to be considered for this opportunity.
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs