Post Date: 03/10/2020
Close Date: 04/30/2020
Warner Pacific University’s Mission: Warner Pacific is a Christ-centered, urban, liberal arts University dedicated to providing students from diverse backgrounds with an education that prepares them to engage actively in a constantly changing world. Our hiring practices reflect our missional commitment to being a Christ-centered institution.
Warner Pacific University’s Commitment to Diversity: Warner Pacific University is committed to hiring staff and faculty with an intentionality that demonstrates the importance of having an employee community that reflects the racial and ethnic diversity of the students we serve. Persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Summary Description: The Applications Analyst is a full-time, benefit eligible position reporting to the Director of Information Technology. As a member of the Information Technology team, the Applications Analyst provides both technical and user software support for the University’s major information systems. The position works closely with the Director of Information Technology and the rest of the IT team to ensure that systems effectively meet the needs of the University. The environment is focused around the Ellucian (Datatel) Colleague integrated ERP system which supports student educational records, registration, financial aid processes, advancement, human resources, financial reporting, and payroll. Additional associated technologies include MS SQL Server databases, MS SharePoint, and Business Objects Enterprise. These systems are hosted as VMware virtual machines in an environment that includes Microsoft Exchange email and Veeam backup systems.
• Support the evolution of the institutional information systems through:
• Creating end user reports utilizing Crystal Reports and SQL queries;
• Assisting in adapting processes and reporting to support new delivery modalities such as fully on-line programs;
• Developing data extraction, translation, and loading processes to interface between systems.
• Assist the Director of Information Technology in supporting the Ellucian Colleague ERP system.
• Work closely with the Information Technology Director to:
• Evaluate business and academic needs;
• Recommend and deploy appropriate system solutions, customizations and reports;
• Assist in evaluation of new software and new features and recommend appropriate strategies for their adoption;
• Plan and manage projects to implement new applications or software features.
• Work with vendor sales and support staff to obtain assistance and to maximize the value of the software investment.
• Respond to users’ software application help requests to resolve problems, develop modifications and provide training.
• Develop technical, operational, and user documentation.
• Collaborate with other Information Technology staff and other departments to achieve common goals.
• Contribute to the support and implementation of the University Strategic Plan and participate in Warner Pacific University professional development opportunities.
• Adhere to University policies and procedures.
• Demonstrate commitment to a Christian liberal arts education by upholding the mission of the University and abiding by the Employment Standards and Lifestyle Agreement.
• Be inclusive and sensitive in terms of human relations and human differences, in regard to areas of national origin, ethnicity, culture, gender, and disabilities.
• Be present in the office on a daily basis unless arrangements are made with the employee’s direct supervisor.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a computer related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to collaborate and communicate with all levels of the organization including management and operational staff, faculty, and students with strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to creatively, efficiently and effectively solve problems.
• Ability to independently initiate and implement projects, and prioritize and balance multiple tasks.
• Ability to work effectively as a contributing member of a high performance service team.
• Experience working with diverse populations.
• Knowledge of common higher education business and academic processes.
• Experience with Colleague by Ellucian
• Experience with SharePoint.
• Experience developing reporting with Crystal Reports.
• Experience in planning and managing Technology projects.
Physical Demands – Work Environment:
The position is located in a typical office environment. Professional/business casual attire is required.
Employment and Lifestyle Standards:
Warner Pacific is a Christ-centered urban liberal arts University dedicated to providing students from diverse backgrounds an education that prepares them to engage actively in a constantly changing world. The University was founded in 1937 by the Church of God (Anderson, Indiana) and maintains a covenant relationship with that body. Central to Warner Pacific’s identity as a Christ-centered higher education institution is the policy of hiring persons whose personal and professional lives reflect:
1. A belief in the deity of and commitment to Jesus Christ and the Christian faith, as interpreted through the historic witness of Scripture and the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit.
2. The practice of following Christ through day-to-day personal lifestyle choices.
3. A vitality of Christian experience maturing in insight and application and appreciative of differing viewpoints.
4. A commitment to life-long learning and service through personal and professional development.
5. For teaching faculty, the expression of artful teaching, based on mastery of relevant subject matter and in an environment of purposeful and rigorous inquiry amongst a community of scholars who support one another.
6. A capability, by temperament, preparation, and will, to support students as they confront the intellectual, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual challenges of their lives.
7. A sensitivity to and support for the mission, core themes, vision, values, ethos and traditions of the Warner Pacific University community.
8. A commitment to teaching and serving in harmony with the doctrines of the Bible as understood and generally held by the Church of God Reformation Movement.
Mission-based hiring is of critical importance to Warner Pacific University. From its inception, the Church of God has resisted condensing the Scriptures into a formal creed, instead emphasizing salvation as the entrance into the body of Christ; unity in diversity; and a call to holy living as God’s people representing Christ in the world. Warner Pacific, rather than requiring subscription to an institutional doctrinal statement, asks each employee to affirm a personal faith in Jesus Christ by providing a statement articulating the ways in which faith informs the employee’s understanding of his or her vocation at Warner Pacific. Employees are expected to demonstrate and articulate a vital Christian faith and to live in a manner consistent with a Christ-centered lifestyle as informed by the Scriptures of the New Testament.
Further, to ensure orderly operations and provide the best possible work environment, all Warner Pacific University employees are expected to maintain the highest levels of ethics, professionalism, integrity, and judgment. Employees must obey all laws governing the workplace and the business of the University, as well as treat others (students, suppliers, and co-workers) with honesty, respect, and personal dignity in all interactions. Conduct that is malicious, abusive, threatening, dishonest or unlawful is not acceptable. Employees who feel they are being subjected to conduct of this kind should bring the concern to Human Resources. The University environment is expected to be free from discrimination and harassment (including bullying). When an individual’s behavior has direct implications for others and/or the well-being of the University community, there may be cause for institutional involvement, regardless of where the situation occurs.
Warner Pacific University desires to provide a safe and healthy environment for staff, faculty, students, visitors and guests. Therefore, smoking is not permitted on University property, in its vehicles, or at any University sponsored event. The use of illegal drugs or non-prescribed controlled substances is strictly prohibited. Use of alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, electronic cigarettes or marijuana is strictly prohibited on Warner Pacific University campuses.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Warner Pacific provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement for all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status and any other status protected by laws and regulations to which Warner Pacific is subject. All employment decisions, including hiring, promotions, compensation, benefits, transfers, and terminations are made in a manner that does not discriminate against individuals in the categories discussed above. Because Warner Pacific is a Christian liberal arts University, the University exercises its legal right to hire Christian employees to fulfill its mission and purpose.
Commitment to Diversity:
Warner Pacific University is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and a multicultural learning environment. Inquiries are encouraged from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our University. Warner Pacific University is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse workforce of committed Christians from all racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Warner Pacific University offers a full range of traditional benefits for qualifying employees, including medical/dental insurance, disability, life insurance, paid vacation and sick time, mission leave, tuition remission, and retirement savings.
In order to be considered an applicant for this position, please complete our online employment application at www.warnerpacific.edu/jobs.
Click "Apply Now" to complete the online application, and submit the following:
2. Cover letter with names/contact information for three professional references