Post Date: 06/05/2019
Close Date: 06/30/2019
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens
TITLE: Referral Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Old Town Clinic
REPORTS TO: Clinic Operations Supervisor
SALARY: $16.00-$17.60 Hourly
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
SUMMARY: The Referral Coordinator is responsible for coordinating specialty care for patients in need of external consultation and/or medical equipment devices as requested by the primary care provider. They are responsible for scheduling, tracking, and reporting on referrals. The Referral Coordinator will provide referral case management while exercising utmost discretion, diplomacy, and tact in patient interactions. They will act as liaison between Old Town Clinic and specialty clinics
1. High School diploma or GED required. Prefer Bachelor’s Degree or higher in health or social
service related field of study.
2. One year experience in referrals or outreach in a medical setting
3. Has the competencies necessary to:
a) Communicate effectively orally and in writing
b) Understand medical related terminology
c) Perform confidently with computer software
4. Spanish language fluency preferred.
5. Must have current CPR certification or must be able to obtain in one month.
6. Must be able to occasionally lift items of approximately 10 pounds, stoop, kneel, and climb
stairs on a regular basis.
7. Must have a high tolerance for ambiguity and change.
8. If in recovery, must be able to document continuous abstinence under independent living
conditions or recovery housing for the immediate past two years.
9. Must pass pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
10. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
11. Must be able to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic
backgrounds, religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, life-styles and sexual
orientations and treat individuals with respect and dignity.
HOW TO APPLY:
To view the full job description and apply visit:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran's status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs