Post Date: 03/22/2019
Close Date: 05/01/2019
Job Code: CCW-447
The Childcare Worker position is a part-time position (approximately 6 hours/week), providing supervision and activities to groups of children while parents and/or caregivers participate groups offered by Parents Anonymous® of Oregon. This position supports program goals of creating a nurturing and safe space for children, and a positive group experience for families. Responsibilities include providing structured age-appropriate activities for children of varied ages.
Childcare Workers help the Parent Anonymous Program by:
• Planning activities for Parents Anonymous Child & Youth Groups, which aligned with The Parents Anonymous® Children and Youth Program manual
• Actively monitoring the children and youth to ensure safety of all participants, which includes keeping records of child attendance
• Serving children healthy snacks
• Supporting group leaders with set-up and clean-up for groups and activities.
Childcare Workers work in a team environment. The ideal candidate will enjoy working with children of various ages and have the ability to manages emotions in an appropriate and professional manner and ask for help when needed.
Schedule: Mondays & Tuesdays from 5:00pm to 8:00pm
Education and Experience Requirements:
A typical background for the person who can fulfill the duties of this position is as follows:
• One year of experience working with young children in structured environment
• Comfort and experience working with children birth through age 12
• Communicates effectively in English both orally and in writing with a broad variety of people, including staff, supervisors and management
• High school diploma or equivalency preferred
• Fluent in the Spanish language including the ability to read, write and speak
• Prior experience working with children in a structured setting
• Pass a DHS criminal history background
• Meets agency driving requirements
• Travel and perform duties at different agency locations
Starting Pay Range:
Childcare Worker: $12.50 - $12.78
Bilingual (Spanish) Childcare Worker: $13.63 - $13.93
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence – being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence – managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning – respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy – shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication – saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility – everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change – creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
• Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job code “CCW-447” in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter, please tell us about yourself, and your personal life experience, and why it would make you a successful candidate for this role. Indicate that you’re applying for the Childcare Worker - Multnomah County position.
• Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services following the directions above to 503-736-9759.To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/childcare-worker-multnomah-county/