Post Date: 05/08/2020
Close Date: 06/12/2020
Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare (www.cascadiabhc.org), one of the largest community behavioral health providers in the state of Oregon, delivers whole health care -- integrated mental health and addiction services, primary care and housing -- to support our communities. Our approach is recovery-oriented and trauma-informed. Cascadia hires innovative, compassionate, and dedicated staff who are aligned with trauma-informed care, are committed to working effectively with diverse community populations, and expected to strengthen such capacity if hired.
This position is a full time position, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. The position is located at Cascadia's Health Center in Milwaukie, OR.
The Employment Specialist works as a member of the interdisciplinary Assertive Community Treatment Team (ACT), and supports a shared caseload of adults with severe mental illnesses and addiction issues in obtaining and maintaining employment, while supporting a Trauma Informed Care environment. With the high prevalence of trauma among individuals receiving mental health services, it is required the Employment Specialist understand the effects of trauma on health, coping, and other aspects of the lives of those we serve. The Employment Specialist is responsible for all areas of employment including job development, career exploration, employment preparation and skill-building, assistance in finding employment, and job retention. This position will work closely with other service providers and members of the ACT Team to coordinate services and ensure ongoing supports. This position utilizes rehabilitative clinical practices and will work with other service providers in helping the client develop, establish and maintain employment. The position additionally involves participation and implementation of program goals and objectives to promote a strengths-based, client-centered approach in assisting clients achieve individual goals.
- Requires a QMHA: a Bachelor's degree in a behavioral science field from an accredited college or university or three years of full time professional experience working in the mental health related field. (QMHA qualified required) Note: All QMHA positions in the state of Oregon will need to be filled by candidates who are officially QMHA certified or registered with MHACBO. For details, go directly to MHACBO (www.mhacbo.org)
- Must have at least one year of working experience in employment services (I.e. Vocational Rehab., Job Coach, and Employment Specialist). This is a requirement for the Fidelity Model.
- Ability to conduct Mental Status assessments.
- Understanding of recovery model, motivational interviewing, illness management, evidence based practices accepted treatment practices, and strength based case management philosophies and strategies and ability to recommend alternate treatment strategies when necessary.
- Proficient in operating computer hardware and software (including EMR software).
- Ability to enter and retrieve data and to prepare simple reports.
- Must be able to perform CPR and First Aid. CPR/First Aid certifications are required and must remain current
- Possess a valid driver’s license, three year driving history; clean driving record, ability to pass Driver Motor Vehicle (DMV) check and complete the Cascadia online Defensive Driving course. Employee must be approved to provide transportation utilizing agency vehicles so that residents may access the community.
Cascadia is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 503.552.6272
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)