Post Date: 03/12/2019
Close Date: 03/22/2019
Pay range:$56,874 - $85,311.60 Annually
Do you pride yourself on being “in the know” of Human Resource trends and have high level of capacity in supporting new tools for process improvement? Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of, and support, a progressive and collaborative team? If so, your search may be over.
Multnomah County is looking for a Classification and Compensation Analyst to be a part of our Classification and Compensation Team.
The classification and compensation analyst will be a key asset in providing complex analysis and customer support to department HR and managers by performing a variety or classification and compensation duties and providing expertise and instruction regarding general class comp issues.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Review classification and reclassification requests for new and/or existing positions; providing complex analysis to determine the proper job profile
* Review more complex analysis and conclusion with the Class Comp team as needed
* Provide consultation to department HR partners and managers to verify, clarify and/or recommend changes for requests
* Work with department HR partners and managers to recommend changes and consult on revisions/updates for classification and reclassification related documents
Class Comp Studies:
* Conduct and support complex and sensitive classification/compensation studies and job analysis for new and existing job profiles
* Provide support in developing and implementing project plans and conducting studies
* Update job profiles and develop new job profiles
* Conduct market analysis and research to determine appropriate matches and recommend compensation changes
General Class Comp and Customer Support:
* Respond to department HR, managers, and/or employees regarding class comp related issues
* Train and assist department HR partners and/or managers with related Workday business processes
* Provide union contract and policy interpretation to department HR partners and managers
* Respond to and reach out to other jurisdictions in support of classification and compensation studies
We will consider any combination of relevant work experience, volunteering, education, and transferable skills as qualifying unless an item or section is labeled required. Please be clear and specific about how your background is relevant. For details about how we typically screen applications, review our overview of the selection process page.
The Selection Process: For details about how we typically screen applications, review our overview of the selection process page. We expect to evaluate candidates for this recruitment as follows:
Minimum Qualifications/ Transferable Skills*:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in public administration, human resources administration, business administration or (4) four year of related work experience AND
Three years of increasingly responsible experience in Human Resources and/or compensation.
Preferred Qualifications/Transferable Skills*:
You do not need to have the following preferred qualifications/transferable skills to qualify. However, keep in mind we may consider some or all of the following when identifying the most qualified candidates. Please clearly explain on your application how you meet any of the following preferred qualifications/transferable skills.
* ERP/HRIS System
* Advanced Excel
* Workday experience preferred
Human Resources experience
* Solid legal knowledge
* Classification and/or Compensation experience is preferred
Strong Team Player and Collaborator
Analysis and Project Management skills
*Transferable skills: Your transferable skills are any skills you have gained through education, work experience (including the military) or life experience that are relevant for this position. Be sure to describe any transferable skills on your application and clearly explain how they apply to this position.
SCREENING AND EVALUATION:
We expect to evaluate candidates for this recruitment as follows:
* Initial review of minimum qualifications: We may do an additional preferred review and/or send out additional supplemental questions to identify those highest qualified.
* Cover Letter and Resume Review covering relevant experience and education and/or OtherSubject Matter Expert Review.
* Consideration of top candidates:We will consider qualified candidates in order of rank and score from the list of eligible candidates. This may include panel interview(s), a hiring interview, and/or additional testing to determine the best candidates for a position.
* Background check and reference checks: All finalists must pass a thorough a criminal records check and reference check.
Note: The application, resume and cover letter should demonstrate your work experience/skills and how it is related to those shown in the Overview and To Qualify sections of the job announcement. Please be thorough, as these materials will be scored and determine your eligibility for an interview.
This recruitment may be used to fill full-time, part-time, temporary, limited duration and on-call positions.
Type of Position: This salaried non-represented position is not eligible for overtime.
Location: 501 SE Hawthorne Blvd. Suite 400
Diversity and Inclusion: At Multnomah County, we don't just accept difference; we value it and support it to create a culture of dignity and respect for our employees.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran or protected veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available for your reference. Multnomah County is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We request priority protected veteran referrals.
Veterans’ Preference: Under Oregon Law, qualifying veterans may apply for veterans’ preference. Review our veterans’ preference page for details about eligibility and how to apply.
Accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act: We gladly provide reasonable accommodation to anyone whose specific disability prevents them from completing an application or participating in this recruitment process. Please contact the recruiter below in advance to request assistance. Individuals with hearing or speech impairments may contact the recruiter through the Telecommunications Relay Service by dialing 711.