Post Date: 10/01/2019
Close Date: 10/20/2019
Position Profile: Outreach Instructor
$29,800 - $38,750 per year
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
Join the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry as an Outreach Instructor and travel throughout Oregon teaching kids about science! You’ll also be part of a dynamic team that participates in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science, and technology that spreads educational opportunities across the Northwest.
What you’ll do:
• Deliver and present OMSI Outreach Education programs in an engaging and enthusiastic manner.
• Coordinate all supplies for individual programs; including making sure that the vehicle is prepped and safe to drive.
• Create relationships and contacts within the science industry.
• Develop and modify curriculum; incorporate new educational materials into programs
What you’ll need:
• Bachelor's Degree in education or science field, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Working knowledge of general science.
• Minimum 3 years of informal education.
• Minimum 1 year of informal experience in education.
• Minimum 1-year experience teaching in a classroom or informal setting.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Pass pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check, reference checks, and requirements in the MVR Policy including passing Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check.
• Competitive health benefits.
• Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, and Holiday pay!
• Free OMSI annual membership
• Reciprocal Employee Attractions Pass – Valid for two free general admissions to 21 Oregon attractions.
We invite all applicants interested in influencing the community and our future generations to join our team. Visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/380054.html to learn more or apply!
Position closes October 20, 2019.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/380054.html