Post Date: 03/10/2020
Close Date: 05/15/2020
Warner Pacific University’s Mission: Warner Pacific is a Christ-centered, urban, liberal arts University dedicated to providing students from diverse backgrounds with an education that prepares them to engage actively in a constantly changing world. Our hiring practices reflect our missional commitment to being a Christ-centered institution.
Warner Pacific University’s Commitment to Diversity: Warner Pacific University is committed to hiring staff and faculty with an intentionality that demonstrates the importance of having an employee community that reflects the racial and ethnic diversity of the students we serve. Persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Summary Description: The Guest Services Coordinator is a full-time, benefit eligible position reporting to the Enrollment Operations Coordinator. This role supports the Admission Office by providing a variety of day-to-day professional and administrative duties and overseeing an outstanding campus visit and event experience. Responsibilities include: successful coordination of logistical and administrative aspects of student visits and events and serving as point of contact for all assigned events and meetings.
• Act as office receptionist by responding to or redirecting all inquiries, walk-ins, phone calls, email and physical mail.
• Manage admission office space including campus store, conference room, storage closets and welcome area. Assist co-workers with troubleshooting problems with office machines. Call for service as needed.
• Schedule appointments for Enrollment staff with current and prospective students.
• Data entry of student information and application materials.
• Assist with processing outgoing mailings, taking specific responsibility for preparing acceptance packets within established timelines.
• Order office supplies as necessary, including paper for copier and printers and merchandise for sale in the store.
• Package and ship requested recruitment related materials for enrollment staff.
• Facilitate other campus requests to use Admissions materials and equipment.
• Assist Enrollment team with various tasks and special projects, as assigned.
Visit & Event Coordinator
• Creates programs and processes to ensure excellent service and overall experience for individual campus visits, group visits, and campus events. Develop and cultivate relationships with a wide variety of campus constituencies including coaches, faculty members and staff to design and coordinate visit opportunities.
• Communicates with prospective students and their families using a variety of methods ensuring needs are met and families understand the value of a Warner Pacific education.
• Oversees all aspects of the visit and event process including: visit requests (in multiple formats), scheduling, confirmations, staff assignments, appointments with coaches and faculty members, catering requests, hosts for overnight visitors, publications and others. Creates personal itineraries for visiting students customized based on personal interests of the student and availability of faculty, coaches, administrators and others.
• Oversee the campus visit area and ensure that each visitor receives a warm welcome, effective “home base” during the visit, and works to solve problems to ensure an overall positive experience. Coordinate schedules for unscheduled visitors and alert admissions counselors as schedules and/or needs change.
• Supervise assigned student tour guides providing training, direction, backup and support as necessary. Assign projects, create schedules, communicate expectations, and provide both positive and negative feedback on job performance. Be prepared to give tours of campus as needed.
• Collaborate with Admissions department members to share information about prospective student visits, scheduling concerns, and ways that all can contribute to a positive visit experience. Oversee supplies and inventory of refreshments, publications, and giveaways.
• Maintain detailed reports of visit evaluations to determine overall success.
• Ensure that promotional and on-site materials used for campus visits/events are attractive and available.
• Participate in visit calling and campaigns and other calling projects when needed to support recruitment efforts and generate campus visits.
• Be present in the office on a daily basis unless arrangements are made with the employee’s direct supervisor.
• Develop a working knowledge of all student programs at Warner Pacific University.
• Assist enrollment team with various tasks and special projects.
• Abide by NACAC and NACCAP Principles of Good Practice.
• Contribute to the support and implementation of the University’s Strategic Plan.
• Participate in Warner Pacific University professional development opportunities.
• Adhere to University policies and procedures.
• Demonstrate a commitment to a Christian liberal arts education by upholding the mission of the University and abiding by the Employment Standards and Lifestyle Agreement.
• Exhibits commitment to inclusiveness and sensitivity in areas of national origin, ethnicity, culture, gender, and disabilities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• 1-3 years of demonstrated experience in customer service and/or event management.
• Basic understanding of admission policies and practices and basic marketing principles.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in person, by phone and by e-mail with a wide variety of personalities.
• Ability to handle multiple and changing priorities in a busy office setting.
• Intermediate to advance computer skills on Microsoft Office products, e-mail and calendar systems, and database basics.
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to answer questions on a myriad of subjects related to the University.
• Ability to work with limited supervision and establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships.
• Ability to effectively supervise student staff and volunteers.
• Demonstrated ability to provide excellent service and attention to detail in trying circumstances.
• Able to work on evenings and weekends as needed.
• Experience working with diverse populations.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Fluency in Spanish and/or other languages is desirable.
Physical Demands – Work Environment:
The position is located in a typical office environment. Professional/business casual attire is required.
Employment and Lifestyle Standards:
Warner Pacific is a Christ-centered urban liberal arts University dedicated to providing students from diverse backgrounds an education that prepares them to engage actively in a constantly changing world. The University was founded in 1937 by the Church of God (Anderson, Indiana) and maintains a covenant relationship with that body. Central to Warner Pacific’s identity as a Christ-centered higher education institution is the policy of hiring persons whose personal and professional lives reflect:
1. A belief in the deity of and commitment to Jesus Christ and the Christian faith, as interpreted through the historic witness of Scripture and the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit.
2. The practice of following Christ through day-to-day personal lifestyle choices.
3. A vitality of Christian experience maturing in insight and application and appreciative of differing viewpoints.
4. A commitment to life-long learning and service through personal and professional development.
5. For teaching faculty, the expression of artful teaching, based on mastery of relevant subject matter and in an environment of purposeful and rigorous inquiry amongst a community of scholars who support one another.
6. A capability, by temperament, preparation, and will, to support students as they confront the intellectual, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual challenges of their lives.
7. A sensitivity to and support for the mission, core themes, vision, values, ethos and traditions of the Warner Pacific University community.
8. A commitment to teaching and serving in harmony with the doctrines of the Bible as understood and generally held by the Church of God Reformation Movement.
Mission-based hiring is of critical importance to Warner Pacific University. From its inception, the Church of God has resisted condensing the Scriptures into a formal creed, instead emphasizing salvation as the entrance into the body of Christ; unity in diversity; and a call to holy living as God’s people representing Christ in the world. Warner Pacific, rather than requiring subscription to an institutional doctrinal statement, asks each employee to affirm a personal faith in Jesus Christ by providing a statement articulating the ways in which faith informs the employee’s understanding of his or her vocation at Warner Pacific. Employees are expected to demonstrate and articulate a vital Christian faith and to live in a manner consistent with a Christ-centered lifestyle as informed by the Scriptures of the New Testament.
Further, to ensure orderly operations and provide the best possible work environment, all Warner Pacific University employees are expected to maintain the highest levels of ethics, professionalism, integrity, and judgment. Employees must obey all laws governing the workplace and the business of the University, as well as treat others (students, suppliers, and co-workers) with honesty, respect, and personal dignity in all interactions. Conduct that is malicious, abusive, threatening, dishonest or unlawful is not acceptable. Employees who feel they are being subjected to conduct of this kind should bring the concern to Human Resources. The University environment is expected to be free from discrimination and harassment (including bullying). When an individual’s behavior has direct implications for others and/or the well-being of the University community, there may be cause for institutional involvement, regardless of where the situation occurs.
Warner Pacific University desires to provide a safe and healthy environment for staff, faculty, students, visitors and guests. Therefore, smoking is not permitted on University property, in its vehicles, or at any University sponsored event. The use of illegal drugs or non-prescribed controlled substances is strictly prohibited. Use of alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, electronic cigarettes or marijuana is strictly prohibited on Warner Pacific University campuses.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Warner Pacific provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement for all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status and any other status protected by laws and regulations to which Warner Pacific is subject. All employment decisions, including hiring, promotions, compensation, benefits, transfers, and terminations are made in a manner that does not discriminate against individuals in the categories discussed above. Because Warner Pacific is a Christian liberal arts University, the University exercises its legal right to hire Christian employees to fulfill its mission and purpose.
Commitment to Diversity:
Warner Pacific University is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and a multicultural learning environment. Inquiries are encouraged from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our University. Warner Pacific University is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse workforce of committed Christians from all racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Warner Pacific University offers a full range of traditional benefits for qualifying employees, including medical/dental insurance, disability, life insurance, paid vacation and sick time, mission leave, tuition remission, and retirement savings.
In order to be considered an applicant for this position, please complete our online employment application at www.warnerpacific.edu/jobs.
Click "Apply Now" to complete the online application, and submit the following:
2. Cover letter with names/contact information for three professional