Post Date: 11/19/2018
Close Date: 01/03/2019
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Systems Analyst with Application Development experience to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As a Senior Systems Analyst / Developer, you will support the Health Systems Division (HSD) and the Oregon State Hospital (OSH) by planning, leading and collaborating on the development of applications and corresponding databases, analysis of existing applications and systems, integration of new development, and providing operations support and maintenance for applications. You will also consult with business partners, analysts and other IT experts in the agency to resolve issues and collaborate on development.
In this role, you will analyze and resolve technical problems in customer assistance, operational maintenance and construction. The customer base served will include technically sophisticated end-users, software vendors and suppliers, systems programmers, technical contractors, systems maintenance staff, and systems operations staff.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are a Senior Systems Analyst with Application Development experience, don't delay, apply today!
This is a full-time, permanent position that is classified and represented by a union.
This position will be located in Salem at 3991 Fairview Industrial Drive SE.
(a) Six (6) years of information systems experience in Systems Analysis and/or Application Development.
(b) An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND four (4) years of information systems experience in Systems Analysis and/or Application Development.
(c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND two (2) years of information systems experience in Systems Analysis and/or Application Development.
(d) Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field may substitute for all of the above.
• Expert-level IT skills in Web Application Architectures, Application Concept Design utilizing Story Board, Application Work Flow Tools, and other UI Concept Development Tools to accurately and clearly describe and specify proposed application systems to both non-technical and technical audiences.
• Experience with .NET coding paradigms, Web Forms, MVC and MVC API, DataEntities Framework and EF Core.
• Expert-level skills in developing web applications, including design, development, testing and implementation.
• Systems analysis skills with the ability to lead or coordinate technology-based business process design from problem statement to system implementation.
• Ability to lead technical and non-technical requirements gathering and analysis projects.
• Experience providing reporting and data analysis solutions using business process automation, decision support, and fully functional system administration capabilities.
• Experience using DB2 and SQL application database design, stored procedures and application-level administration.
• Experience managing or participating in projects throughout the entire Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.