Post Date: 09/13/2019
Close Date: 10/25/2019
Cascade AIDS Project (CAP), the oldest and largest AIDS Service Organization (ASO) in Oregon and Southwest Washington, is committed to supporting and empowering all people with or affected by HIV, reduce stigma, and provide the LGBTQ+ community with compassionate healthcare. Learn more about us at http://www.cascadeaids.org/.
CAP is excited to announce that we are hiring an experienced full-time Registered Nurse to help provide coordinated, strengths-based services to the patients at our LGBTQ+ primary health care center, Prism Health, http://www.prismhealth.org. The Registered Nurse works with the clinical and support staff of Prism Health to provide high-quality, coordinated, strengths-based medical services consistent with the health center’s commitment to providing high quality, compassionate healthcare to the LGBTQ+ community. Prism Health offers a safe, affirming, and non-judgmental space where all members of the LGBTQ+ community can obtain compassionate and culturally affirming primary care.
Responsibilities include administration of medications, administration of vaccinations and rendering treatment to patients. Communicating with providers, support staff, and other medical professionals. Collaborate with clinicians to create a plan of care for each patient, consider the age of the patient and his/her/their emotional stability when determining appropriate treatment. Create and contribute to patients’ medical records as needed, respond to MyChart/EHR inquiries, rooming patients as needed, addressing concerns and complaints from patients and/or their parents or guardians for patients under the age of 18 in person and through the use of MyChart. Performing nurse and lab visits, to include phlebotomy. Tracking and maintaining medical supply inventory along with other staff members. Counseling patients and family members before, during and after treatment. Patient triage, health maintenance, specialty/hospital/urgent care visit charting and record keeping and other tasks as requested by the medical director.
This individual will work at Prism Health, in SE Portland. This is a full-time, 1.0 FTE position, which reports to the Medical Director. This is a non-management, union-represented position.
• 3+ years’ nursing experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required
• Basic Life Support card
• Valid nursing license
• Advanced knowledge of EMRs
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule and to fill in when needed
• Excellent bedside manner and communication skills
• Ability to explain treatments and conditions to patients of all ages and diverse populations
• Working knowledge of health care laws and regulations
• Successful experience working with ethnic, racial, economic and sexually diverse populations and strong understanding of issues relevant to PLWHA, gay/bisexual/queer men, transgender individuals, the larger LBGTQ+ community and how those issues affect or influence service delivery.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues in a professional environment in order to best serve the needs of a client/patient
• Excellent written and oral communication skills at all levels and professional relationships, including strong interpersonal communication ability.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, with a strong attention to detail
• Demonstrated computer proficiency using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook) and working knowledge of the internet
• Ability to work independently with accountability and exercise sound judgment, discretion and professionalism at all times
• Experience working in human/social services, preferably in a clinical setting
• Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field
• Knowledge of community resources in the Portland metro, including Multnomah, Washington, Clackamas counties
• Experience working with Epic (EHR)
Compensation: $68,840 annually; employer-paid health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching contribution, generous vacation and health leave benefits.
Closing Date: Applications will be reviewed on a continuing basis.
Applications will continue being accepted until the position is filled.
To apply for this position, mail, email, fax, or deliver the following documents:
1) A complete cover letter and resume (attached as Word or pdf) that explicitly addresses how you meet all of the required qualifications.
2) A completed CAP Employment application (available at http://www.cascadeaids.org/about/careers/) to:
Cascade AIDS Project
520 NW Davis St., Suite 215
Portland, Oregon 97209
Or by email to:
Cascade AIDS Project is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
People of color, women, LGBTQ+ individuals and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
Complete details: http://www.cascadeaids.org/about/careers/