Post Date: 12/12/2019
Close Date: 01/16/2020
The Oregon Health Authority has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Data Architect with strong data modeling skills to join an excellent team, ensure to smooth transition to the OR-Kids System and work to advance their IT operations.
WHAT YOU WILL DO!
As a Senior Data Architect for the Office of Information Services (OIS), you will be responsible for managing ongoing operations and support for the OR-Kids data services, data quality, data integration, data modeling, and data standards. For this position you will need extensive knowledge and experience of Data Modeling, Database Design and Data Management for large complex systems. You will mentor and support the application development staff in their various roles and responsibilities.
OR-Kids is the State of Oregon’s legacy child welfare information system which was originally implemented as a large one-size-fits-all federal framework meant to help case workers manage their caseloads and comply with federal reporting requirements. Oregon will be transitioning OR-Kids into a new federal framework known as CCWIS (Comprehensive Child Welfare Information System) that considers new child welfare practices and technologies. CCWIS will provide Oregon the opportunity to redesign the life cycle of child welfare and ultimately improve outcomes for children and families through better data interoperability, modularity, and data quality.
In this role, you will work with a team of data analysts and business analysts to support the overall data management strategies for OR-Kids. You will also evaluate applications for technology upgrades and develop strategies for technology integration. You will support and develop processes and tools related to data services such as reporting, testing, configuration management and data structure design.
Additionally, you will build relationships and facilitate effective discussions with employees at all levels of the organization.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• Seven (7) years of information systems experience in Data Architecture. OR (b) An Associate's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or a related field; AND 5) years of information systems experience in in Data Architecture. OR (c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field AND Three (3) years of information systems experience in Data Architecture. OR (d) A Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field AND One (1) year of information systems experience in Data Architecture. OR (e) A Doctor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
• Experience in data modeling, database design and data management.
• Experience working with bi-directional data exchanges.
• Experience with relational database management systems.
• Experience in SQL performance tuning and stored procedures. .
• Experience in data quality improvement.
• Experience in enterprise system design and development.
• Knowledge of systems architecture.
• Strong working knowledge of methods and procedures for designing, developing, monitoring and maintaining databases.
• Experience using automation products that support a variety of data management environments.
• Knowledge of Java technologies, tools and software development practices.
• Skills in software configuration management, automated testing, automated build, and continued integration.
• Experience developing data management processes and procedures.
• Experience developing agreements and contracts.
• Ability to determine effective design of data structures, software applications and equipment interfaces.
• Experience in advancing health equity, addressing systemic health disparities and collaborating with diverse, vulnerable and underrepresented populations.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.