Post Date: 11/07/2019
Close Date: 11/29/2019
VICE PRESIDENT FOR MARKETING & STRATEGIC ENGAGEMENT
The Oregon Symphony’s Vice President for Marketing & Strategic Engagement (VPMSE) builds audience and enhances the patron experience for one of the largest arts organizations in the West. With a primary focus on earned revenue, the VPMSE plans, leads, executes, and evaluates programs to exceed an annual goal of more than $10 million.
The VPMSE champions the Oregon Symphony’s brand and visibility—regionally and nationally. The VPMSE is responsible for creating and executing myriad sales campaigns to reach the Symphony’s many and diverse stakeholders. Moreover, the VPMSE develops and executes institutional marketing and communications strategies, which include leveraging digital technologies, social media, and traditional media. The VPMSE collaborates with the CEO and the Music Director on a wide range of projects, manages the Board Marketing Committee, and oversees website, print, and digital marketing content development.
The Vice President for Marketing & Strategic Engagement will
• drive annual increases in earned revenue;
• provide leadership and strategic direction for all programs that build patron relationships;
• envision and execute institutional communications plans that leverage the Symphony brand, an upcoming music director transition, and its 125th anniversary (21/22);
• devise strategies to add revenue through partnerships with businesses, arts groups, social service organizations, and other community nonprofits;
• serve as thought partner to the CEO and other leaders regarding best practices and opportunities in communication, marketing, sales, and audience retention and expansion;
• design and lead innovative multi-platform marketing campaigns;
• manage, promote, protect, and expand the Oregon Symphony’s brand;
• conceive and oversee sophisticated audience and market research;
• serve as the Symphony’s chief media strategist, developing and implementing strategies to enhance the Symphony’s public image as a leader in the arts;
• thoughtfully leverage the input and goodwill of volunteers and manage the work of the Board Marketing Committee;
• build productive partnerships with the media, community leaders, and arts organizations and other nonprofits whose work complements the Symphony’s; and
• Assume responsibility for the Symphony’s websites, ensuring that they clearly and consistently reflect the Oregon Symphony brand, leverage online content, and remain a robust destination for patrons and a vital means of communicating with the public.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
For the position of Vice President for Marketing & Strategic Engagement, the Oregon Symphony seeks an energetic, creative professional with the proven ability to think strategically; to create comprehensive plans to build audiences, achieve revenue goals, and strengthen brand recognition; and to lead and motivate a dedicated team. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and organizational skills, collaborate effectively with colleagues, and exude a passion for the arts.
The Oregon Symphony is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all facets of the organization. It seeks to develop a diverse candidate pool and welcomes nominations and applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, or national origin.
TO EXPRESS YOUR INTEREST IN THIS OPPORTUNITY
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions about this opportunity may be directed to email@example.com.
All inquiries will be held in confidence.
Complete details: https://www.orsymphony.org/about/careers/