Post Date: 11/06/2019
Close Date: 11/21/2019
The Position: The City of Lake Oswego seeks an energetic, collaborative, detail-oriented leader to serve as Volunteer & Special Events Coordinator for the Lake Oswego Public Library. The position is responsible for the Library’s volunteer program and Lake Oswego Reads, and collaboratively leads the Library’s outreach and marketing activities. Successful candidates will have demonstrated ability to build strong community relationships, facilitate collaboration especially as it relates to Lake Oswego Reads, and plan and lead large scale community events.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Acts as a focal point for the Library’s volunteer program, Lake Oswego Reads and Library outreach and events.
2. Identifies where volunteers are needed: recruits, interviews and places volunteers in appropriate assignments; provides initial orientation, and facilitates attendance at training sessions by encouraging attendance and handling schedules.
3. Meets with volunteers and supervisors to review work, resolve complaints and promote cooperation; motivates and inspires volunteers to achieve program goals.
4. Facilitates community-driven book selection and event planning processes for annual Lake Oswego Reads, including author contracting, partnership and sponsorship development, and coordinating with the media.
5. Develops and administers program policies and procedures; prepares, maintains, and evaluates program reports and statistics, and monitors program effectiveness. Recommends strategies for improvement.
6. Promotes and markets Library’s programs and services. Coordinates, prepares, and presents program information to a variety of audiences through various media.
7. Prepares grant applications and administers grants.
8. Develops and administers fund-raising activities, including donor recognition and maintaining donor records.
9. Designs, plans and coordinates recognition events, including annual volunteer recognition event.
10. Represents the Library on various committees, and at community meetings and events.
11. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Education and Experience: A typical way of obtaining the knowledge, skills and abilities outlined above is graduation with a Bachelor’s degree and two year related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above. Certification in Volunteer Administration is highly desired.
For a complete list of the essential duties, knowledge, skills and abilities required, and physical and mental demands please review the complete job description at www.ci.oswego.or.us
Application Process: You may visit our web site at www.ci.oswego.or.us to access the online application process. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed job application. The City application must be submitted to by: 5:00 P.M., Thursday, November 21st, 2019
The City is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women and qualified individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you wish modification of the selection process in order to accommodate a disability, please make your request in writing and submit it with your required application materials.
Complete details: https://agency.governmentjobs.com/lakeoswego/default.cfm