Post Date: 04/26/2019
Close Date: 05/25/2019
Position Profile: Exhibits Production Manager
$54,400 - $67,000 per year
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) is seeking a regular, full-time Exhibits Production Manager who will be responsible for the daily management, planning, and operations of the exhibits fabrication facility.
OMSI is a center of excellence in science teaching and learning and a valued destination for the community. Founded in 1944, OMSI is ranked as one of the nation's top ten science museums and a world-class tourist attraction and educational resource that reaches 1 million people each year. The museum features five exhibit halls and eight science labs featuring hundreds of interactive exhibits and hands-on demonstrations, as well as residential camps and programs across the region. OMSI’s staff consists of 250-300 paid employees and 500 volunteers. They share a passion for our mission and believe deeply in partnering with communities across the region to serve diverse audiences and achieve collective impact.
What you’ll do:
The Exhibits Production Manager (EPM) is a hands on position, working closely with all fabricators to assure on-time and on-budget exhibits fabrication delivery. This includes daily task assignments to all fabricators, scheduling and planning for daily, weekly, monthly project delivery. The EPM works in collaboration with the Director of Exhibit Production for developing, implementing and sustaining of LEAN processes and procedures across teams and departments. The EPM works in collaboration with the Director of Exhibits Production and Creative Director to align OMSI’s brand standards, environmental guidelines, organizational values, learning outcomes, and guest experience goals. This position requires a hands-on person who can work in an action oriented environment, manage multiple projects while embracing continuous improvement and innovative thinking. This role serves to develop a culture of continuous improvement, and encourages employee involvement to improve all processes.
What you’ll need:
• Thorough knowledge of two- and three-dimensional design, including CAD.
• Thorough knowledge of exhibit construction techniques, materials, production processes, and practices.
• Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, and develop high performance teams.
• Advanced knowledge of LEAN principles.
• Computer skills including database systems.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a related field with experience in a production environment.
• Minimum 4 years of production and fabrication management, including staff supervision, multiple project management, and budget responsibility.
• LEAN Manufacturing Certification.
• Pass pre-employment checks such as criminal background check and reference checks.
• Competitive health benefits.
• Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, and Holiday pay!
Visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/333911.html to learn more or apply!
Position closes on May 25, 2019.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/333911.html