Post Date: 10/14/2019
Close Date: 01/31/2020
Are you passionate about social justice? Would you like to work for one of the best non-profits in Oregon? If so, UCP Oregon might have the perfect position for you!
UCP Oregon is a unique, empowering and exciting place to work! We’re currently seeking a “Temporary Weekend Job Coach” to join our team within the Supported Employment department.
As a Job Coach, you’ll support a small caseload of adults who experience various disabilities. You’ll support your clients in community-based jobs and you’ll get to work with them one-on-one. Most of your time will be spent at various job locations in Multnomah County. At the various job sites you will develop diverse supports for your clients, help them learn new tasks, strengthen skills, and check in with their managers and co-workers about their progress. Other responsibilities include documenting your daily activities, generating monthly status reports, and developing your caseload’s Individual Support Plans. You may also need to develop an individualized transportation plan so your client can successfully get to/from their job. And on occasion, you will need to provide transportation for the client if public transportation is not available.
You will work Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 5pm for a total of 16 hours per week. You will be managing your own daily schedule around your clients’ support needs with the guidance of your supervisor. Some flexibility with start and end times may be necessary, as the hours will vary depending on your clients’ work schedules.
This temporary job coach position is scheduled to begin on approximately October 21st and conclude at the end of January. This position may turn into a PERMANENT part-time position beginning in February.
This is a great job for people who would like to transition into the field of Supported Employment and learn case management responsibilities. You can use your creative abilities to design adaptations for your clients to be successful in the workplace. You will also gain experience in client advocacy and developing professional relationships with employers and fellow support providers in the Portland Metro Area.
• $14.10 per hour.
• Eligible for overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
• Holiday pay (double pay for the first 12 hours of any agency holiday shift that you work).
• Mileage reimbursement.
• Partial cell phone reimbursement.
• Paid sick leave.
• Fun, casual work environment, with lots of opportunities for advancement and growth, at one of the top-ranked non-profits in Oregon.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Be able to drive on the job: have a reliable personal vehicle, be at least 21 years old (a requirement of our auto insurance program), a valid driver’s license, at least 3 years driving experience, auto insurance, and a relatively clean driving record.
• Must pass a physical with a lifting test of 50lbs, reference check, and criminal history background check.
• Experience in developmental disability field and previous coaching/mentoring experience preferred but not required.
• It’s easy to apply! Visit http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html and look for the “Weekend Job Coach (Temporary Position)” job opening. Then answer a few fast questions and send a resume and cover letter.
• UCP is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. Find out more about UCP at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/.
Find out more about UCP’s Supported Employment team at: https://www.facebook.com/employportland.
Complete details: https://www.workable.com/j/50034FD11A