Post Date: 05/05/2020
Close Date: 05/31/2020
Behavior Support Specialist
Full Time, Full Benefits
Job Req: 1201
Provides therapeutic support and behavioral intervention to adolescent boys in a residential facility in order to help manage their behaviors on a daily basis. Assists in safety planning and behavior plans, as well as facilitating groups and implementing the program’s behavior management system. This position is works closely with Mental Health Clinicians and Case Managers on ORR required documents.
Due to program needs,this position requires bilingual fluency in Spanish language.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responds to escalation of clients with the utilization of behavior management approaches
• Facilitates learning and guidance of staff regarding client behavioral interventions and the program’s behavior management
• Facilitates and documents psycho-educational groups for clients
• Works closely with Clinicians and Case managers to ensure client’s Individual Service Plan goals are met
• Assists with staff training regarding behavioral interventions and techniques, including the implementation of Collaborative
Problem Solving, and other evidence based behavioral practices
• Assists with community partner programming for clients (such as animal therapy)
• Participates in ongoing Case Staffing with federal stakeholders
• Under the oversight of a Master’s level clinician, meets with minors for one on one sessions, as appropriate. Completes documentation for individual and group services
The ideal candidate will have prior experience working youth, ideally in a residential facility, and will communicate effectively with the youth, in a tactful and thoughtful manner. The ability to maintain composure during stressful situations is crucial competency in this position.
Education and Work Experience:
• Bachelors degree in social work, psychology, sociology, or other relevant behavioral science and 1 year employment experience in the child welfare field working with children and/or adolescents in a social service setting OR in lieu of degree, a minimum of 3 years of direct care experience in a mental health setting is required.
• Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish languages
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Training and experience in behavior management
• Experience working in a residential setting
• Pass a DHS criminal history background
• Meet agency driving requirements
• Language testing, if applicable
• Due to federal program contract, must be 21 years of age or older
Starting Pay Rate:
Behavior Support Specialist: $19.00 - $20.22
$1/hr for overnight shift differential! Applies to hours worked between 11:30pm-7:00am
***must work at least three hours during 11:30pm-7:00pm, time-frame to receive differential.
$1/hr for swing shift differential! Applies to hours worked between 3:00pm-11:00pm
***must work at least three hours during 3:00pm-11:00pm, time-frame to receive differential.
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the children we serve.
External Candidate Process: Click here to apply:
*** External candidates, if viewing through a website without enabled links: https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “Behavior Support Specialist” and click: “Apply for Job”
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center > Behavior support Specialist
Not the right fit, or not yet ready to apply?
Join our Talent Community! We'll keep you updated on positions that fit your skill set and interest!
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/behavior-support-specialist/