Post Date: 09/12/2019
Close Date: 10/12/2019
This is a full time position (40 hours/week) located at one of Cascadia's outpatient Health Centers in Milwaukie, OR. The schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm.
The Recovery Services Manager manages and oversees the Recovery Team treatment services and ensures the quality of services provided, while supporting a Trauma Informed Care environment. With the high prevalence of trauma among individuals receiving mental health services, it is required the employee understand the effects of trauma on health, coping, and other aspects of the lives of those we serve. The employee cultivates and maintains community partnerships and represents Cascadia’s Recovery Team Services by attending community functions and provider meetings. The Recovery Services Manager implements and oversees supervision and training needs of clinical staff in collaboration with Cascadia’s training department.
- A Master’s Degree in a behavioral science field from an accredited college or university. Demonstrated competency to become credentialed as a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) as outlined in the Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR). The incumbent is expected to keep certification current and in compliance with the OAR’s. Must be able to conduct a Mental Status assessment and formulate a diagnosis according to the most recent DSM.
- The CADC II or III credential is preferred in addition to a Master’s Degree given the high occurrence of substance use/abuse.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understand recovery model, psychiatric rehabilitation, motivational interviewing, illness management and recovery
- Thorough understanding of evidence based practices and strength based case management philosophies and strategies
- Operate computer hardware and software at a level needed to effectively perform job functions
- Enter and retrieve data
- Prepare reports
Possess a valid driver’s license, three year driving history; clean driving record, ability to pass Driver Motor Vehicle (DMV) check and complete the Cascadia online Defensive Driving course.
The Recovery Services Manager must have the ability to assist the team in providing safety to all clients and staff in potentially volatile situations.
- Occasionally stooping, lifting (20-50 lbs), climbing (stairs), crouching, reaching and running
- Regular sitting, standing, walking and keyboarding
- Constant visual and auditory
Cascadia is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin or age.