Post Date: 06/11/2019
Close Date: 06/24/2019
Clark College is currently accepting applications for a part-time Office Assistant 3 to work approximately 17 hours per week in the Economic & Community Development (ECD) department. Hours for this position are Tuesday & Thursday, 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., and Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. This person serves as the front line customer service "face" of the department and provides enrollment services and customer support to our students and instructors. This person will also be a test proctor/administrator for the ECD testing center. The Office Assistant is the subject matter expert on student registration policies and procedures and is also responsible for answering student questions and/or directing students to instructors or staff to answer questions regarding ECD classes and trainings. This is a position that is shared with other part time employees working various times and days of the week.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, Core themes, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
• Register open enrollment & contract training students in both CampusCE and the college's management system (SMS).
• Provide students, staff, program participants and / or public with information and interpretation of Economic Community and Development activities and policies.
• Answer telephones; resolve problems and respond to inquiries; assist and advise students and instructors; receive and refer visitors.
• Administer continuing education units and/or course completion certificates to participants.
• Administer and monitor Pearson Vue Certification Testing, and other Proctoring as needed within the standards and rules of a testing center.
• Perform detailed word processing tasks and maintain spreadsheets for all accounts receivable and accounts payable.
• Track and complete internal support requests utilizing Trello project management software.
• Communicate effectively and work collaboratively within a team environment.
• Perform communication via email with excellent interpersonal and writing skills.
• Open and distribute mail to appropriate staff members.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
• Ability to be self-directed and work independently in a team environment.
• Experience working in a fast pace office setting.
• Strong computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet and data entry.
• Must exhibit integrity and discretion while maintaining confidential student information.
Job Readiness/Working Conditions:
• Understanding of and commitment to the mission of the community college
• Demonstrated commitment to student learning
• Ability to work well as a member of a team
• Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds
• Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS:
• Clark College online application
• Current résumé and cover letter
• Responses to the supplemental questions included in the online application process
1. Describe a time when you have had to resolve an escalated customer service issue. What steps did you take and how was it resolved?
2. Describe a situation when you’ve successfully managed multiple tasks in a busy environment.
3. Describe your experience working in a team environment. Do you prefer working as part of a team or independently.
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Required application materials must be completed and submitted online by 3 p.m. on June 25th, 2019.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133. The most recent Annual Security Report can be viewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
June 11, 2019
Complete details: www.clark.edu/jobs