Post Date: 09/06/2019
Close Date: 09/23/2019
Deadline to apply: September 23, 2019 @ 5:00 PM, PDT
Salary: $61,128 - $83,153 annually
Are you a seasoned hospitality and admissions professional who's passionate about building an inclusive and welcoming culture? Are you dedicated to public service, community, and advancing racial equity and inclusion? Bring your talents to the Oregon Zoo, where will you support ground-breaking wildlife research and conservation activities at one of the region's most popular attractions.
As the Oregon Zoo's Admissions Supervisor, you will plan, execute and evaluate the work of the guest relations team to ensure delivery of high-quality products and customer service that enhances our guests' experiences and supports the Oregon Zoo's mission. Responsibilities include overseeing the efficient operations related to ticketing, reception, school group entrances and more. We are looking for a dynamic leader who thrives in a fast-paced environment, and who can manage quickly changing priorities with efficiency and humor. You will directly supervise up to three lead workers and 80 seasonal staff members.
To meet the needs of the zoo's Guest Services division, this position must be available to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
At the Oregon Zoo, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
• High school diploma or GED, AND
• One year of experience leading staff in a fast-paced, customer-service environment; AND
• One year of supervisory experience OR two years of lead experience; OR
• Any combination of education and experience that provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job.
This position requires the possession of a valid driver's license and at least two years of driving history.
• At least two years of leadership experience in a fast-paced, customer service-oriented environment
• Experience supervising large teams of people from diverse backgrounds
• Experience working in a union environment
To apply: Visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center.
1) Electronic application, 2) answers to supplemental questions, 3) resume and 4) cover letter describing your qualifications as they relate to the duties of this position.
Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Complete details: www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs