Post Date: 08/30/2019
Close Date: 09/30/2019
For 51 years, Outside In, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), has transformed thousands of lives by helping break the cycles of chronic homelessness, poverty, and poor health among Portland’s LGBTQIA+ community, people of color, those experiencing homelessness, and the underserved. Our health clinic and young adult programs strive to meet people where they are and provide safe, affirming spaces for our community to receive judgment-free care and support.
Outside In has a wonderful opportunity for a Medical Assistant at our School-Based Health Center in Milwaukie!
School-Based Health is an innovative model that offers students direct access to healthcare right on their school campus. The Milwaukie High School Health and Wellness Center consists of a small but passionate team of individuals who serve the students of the North Clackamas School District. The School-Based Health Center (SBHC) Medical Assistant is an integral part of the clinic team, directly supporting patients through clinical and administrative duties within the MA scope of practice. This role may also be scheduled to work at Outside In’s main clinic location in downtown Portland, or various outreach sites on non-school days.
This is an excellent opportunity if you are…
• Passionate about working with pediatric and adolescent populations and their families.
• A motivated, self-starter willing to work independently and also cohesively as a part of a small team.
• Interested in being a part of a school community that is student-centered and dedicated to helping students thrive.
• Must have completed a Medical Assisting program.
• Must have or be able to obtain AAMA or CCMA certification within 3 months of hire
• Must have a valid Healthcare Provider CPR card
• Prior experience working as an MA in a clinic setting with pediatric and adolescent patients is strongly preferred
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge of infection control principles and practices
• Knowledge of HIPAA laws and patient rights
• Willingness and ability to learn quickly and adapt to a variety of situations
• Able to work with people from diverse ethnic, cultural, socioeconomic and sexual preference backgrounds
• Able to work both independently and as a member of a primary care team
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
Complete details: https://outsidein.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=111