Post Date: 08/22/2019
Close Date: 09/22/2019
Who is OCHIN?
OCHIN is one of the nation’s largest and most successful Health Information Networks. Here, our goal is simple: to provide solutions that promote access to quality, affordable health care for all. Our Health IT solutions improve the integration and delivery of health care services across a wide variety of practices—with an emphasis on safety net clinics and small practices as well as critical access and rural hospitals.
Our corporate office is located in beautiful downtown Portland, Oregon. Working with us, you’ll find challenging projects, a collaborative team, and some of the best employee perks around, including public transportation reimbursement, an onsite gym, community volunteering activities, a generous PTO package, and a Dragon Boat Racing team! Recognized as one of the Top 100 Nonprofits to work for in Oregon. OCHIN is committed to creating a positive and enjoyable workplace for all its employees.
OCHIN is growing and we are currently looking for a Medical and Dental Billing Specialist to join the team and do great work for our clinics! Here you'll have the opportunity to interact with and learn more about non-profit Community Health Centers. These clinics support the health needs for under-served and under-privileged people in our communities. Also, you'll have the opportunity to learn and work with two of the top medical billing platforms, Epic and Next Gen. You'll continue to grow and develop professionally in this role - learning and growing is all part of our company culture.
The Medical and Dental Billing Specialist is responsible for providing high quality billing services to one or more OCHIN Billing Services (OBS) member clinics. The Medical and Dental Billing Specialist will recognize potential high-risk issues and develop techniques to help collect money and streamline processes. The OBS team member will discuss difficult or unique problems with the Billing Supervisor, resolve issues, apply new information to future collection issues, and make suggestions to enhance our efficiency and effectiveness through process improvement with the assistance of their immediate supervisor. This position will enhance the billing department's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
In this role, you'll be collaborating with an innovative team of people moving exciting projects forward and working to improve systems and processes along the way.
Outcomes for Success
* Providing efficient and effective account receivable services on behalf of our member clients to maximize their reimbursement.
* Accurately billing Medicare, Medicaid, self-pay/uninsured, and commercial insurance, processing claims in accordance with payer requirements and organization policy
* Posting patient and electronic and paper insurance remits
* Correcting claim and charge errors
* Thoroughly researching and resolving credit balances
* Answering phone calls from patients who are inquiring about their bill
* Alerting appropriate team members regarding late or missing documents required for billing
* Assisting with the collection of receivables by monitoring accounts receivables, checking claim status and resubmitting claims of overdue accounts, filing corrected claims or appeals and alerting one’s supervisor of seriously overdue accounts
* Patient Registration in Epic
* Maintaining complete and accurate billing and accounts receivable records
* Updating and verifying information in the practice management system
* Send correspondence to Member Clinic/Client in accordance with Member/Client policies and procedures
* Establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with patients, payers, team members, clients and other stakeholders
* Maintain confidentiality of patient information, organization data and information at all times in compliance with HIPAA regulations
* Learning collection processes and strategies by working with colleagues within the Billing department
* Performing other specific projects related to billing, data entry, and computer operations as required
* Other duties as assigned
* Minimum one (1) year of progressive experience in similar or relevant role preferred.
* Minimum of a high school diploma or GED
* Working knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, MVA, Workers Comp and private insurance billing and reimbursement processes, legal requirements knowledge
* Two (2) years of applicable experience desired.
* Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Business or applicable area of study
* Knowledge of Medical Terminology
* Dual language skills, specifically in Spanish is a plus
* Following Certifications: Medical coding from AAPC (CPC Certificate) or; AHIMA (CCS Certificate) and;
* Current certification from ADCA (CDC certificate)
Our company culture is important to us. Successful candidates will identify easily with a set of character attributes, as listed below:
A Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and have been told you have great customer service skills; you like people and want to help.
A Critical Thinker: You have a mind that regularly looks for ways to find efficiencies, innovate, and make improvements where you can.
Process Oriented: You’re able to understand, work in, create, and improve processes.
A Collaborator: You’re a team player and relationship builder whose “can-do” attitude inspires others.
Someone Who Seeks to Learn: You are eager to listen, study, and learn new things quickly; you are resourceful and are open to regularly accepting and growing from feedback.
Entrepreneurial: You have proven success working in a fast-paced and changing environment; you are excited to play in a space where you’re adding value to the organization and its mission.
Job descriptions are designed to outline primary duties, responsibilities, and qualification requirements, and should not limit additional duties and responsibilities assigned. It is our expectation that all employees offer their services wherever and whenever deemed necessary to ensure the success of the organization.
Constant interpersonal skills, teamwork, customer service, problem analysis, and reading, speaking, writing, and understanding English. Frequent creativity, mentoring, presentations, and teaching. Occasional decision making and independent judgment or action. Frequent keyboarding, sitting, standing, hearing, and talking.
OCHIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. OCHIN does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check, as well as a check against the Office of Inspector General’s (OIG) exclusion list.