Post Date: 02/28/2020
Close Date: 03/27/2020
Job Title: IT Support/Helpdesk Technician
Job Type: Full-Time (30 hrs per week), Non-exempt, Hourly
Reports to: IT Manager
Wage: $26.00 per hour
Location: Downtown Portland, one block from the Yamhill District MAX Station
Closing Date: Open until filled
About the Position
The IT support technician plays a critical role on our team. This position is responsible for diagnosing technology and application issues, and delivering fixes to our team in a timely manner. This person interfaces with a wide array of employees and will provide to support to offices in Oregon and California.
• Provide phone, remote, and in-person support to employees companywide
• Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, and connectivity issues in a timely fashion
• Install and configure computer hardware, software, operating systems, networks, printers and scanners
• Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
• Set up new user laptops, phone, and account information
• Repair and replace equipment as necessary
• Assist in testing and deployment of new applications and systems.
• 2+ years of IT Helpdesk experience
• Have advanced knowledge of Windows 10, including user profiles
• Experience managing Office 365 and Exchange Online
• Have a good understanding of core services provided by Windows server and how the client interacts and depends on those services, including Group Policy, File Sharing, DHCP, DNS, AD Users and Computers
• Firewall/network management experience.
• Experience with additional computer applications including GIS, field data collection, and database management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Demands & Office Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
• The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands and/or fingers to handle/feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 40 pounds.
• This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, scanners, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Position Type/Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with a regular work schedule of 30 hours per week. The work schedule for this position is flexible and will be determined with the IT Manager.
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage; GSI will pay a substantial portion of premiums for you and your dependents
• Access to medical and dependent-care flexible spending accounts
• Generous and flexible paid time off
• Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
• ROTH or Traditional 401(k) retirement plan options with matching contributions
• Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance, with the option to buy additional life insurance at affordable rates
• Transportation benefit to assist with the cost of commuting into downtown Portland and parking, plus an additional reimbursement for a hop transit card
• Cell phone benefit to assist with the cost of using a personal cell phone for business purposes
• Reimbursement for professional registrations and renewals
• Paid time off for certification and licensing exams
• Paid memberships in professional organizations
• Flexible work schedules.
About GSI Water Solutions, Inc. (GSI)
In 2000, our three founders left a large consulting firm to start something different. The premise was simple: to build a firm with the flexibility to put clients first and focus on what we do best.
Today, GSI is an employee-owned water resources and environmental management consulting firm with five offices in Oregon and California. Our team members are passionate, motivated, and collaborative professionals who strive to be leaders in their industry.
Please Apply Online
Complete details: https://gsiws.hiringthing.com/job/178662/it-support-helpdesk-technician