Post Date: 05/15/2019
Close Date: 05/30/2019
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Systems Architect to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As a Systems Architect, you will provide the highest level of technical expertise and leadership to analyze, plan, develop, integrate, implement and coordinate the operations, maintenance, installation and construction of information systems. You will be responsible for technical direction of software systems while guiding the evolution of the systems architecture and quality and enabling innovation.
In this role, you will guide design and development, while instituting industry best practices and standards. You will be part of a team that provides technical expertise and leadership to develop, integrate and implement Public Health information systems.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are an experienced Systems Architect, don't delay, apply today!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• (a) Seven (7) years of information systems experience in Systems Architecture. OR (b) An Associate's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND Five (5) years of information systems experience in Systems Architecture. OR (c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND Three (3) years of information systems experience in Systems Architecture. OR (d) A Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND One (1) year of information systems experience in Systems Architecture. OR (e) A Doctor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Application Development and Testing Products.
• Experience establishing modern testing practices, for an application development team.
• Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability and Desire to work in an application development team environment.
• Strong Problem-Solving skills and experience.
• Knowledge and experience and desire to promote the use and adoption of current Information Technology frameworks such as ITIL, PMBOK, Agile, Scrum, DevOps etc.
• Solid understanding and willingness to use a Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Experience and willingness to regularly participate in assisting with the development of business use cases, user stories or other agile software development requirements gathering and documentation methodologies.
• Must be able to take high level, customer driven ideas and turn them into actionable software requirements.
• Ability to work with little guidance when performing complex development functions, establishing personal work priorities, resolving issues in alignment with the unit’s technical standards, practices, frameworks and paradigms.
• Knowledge of and Experience with business Intelligence, Reporting, and Visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, SSIS, SSRS, Crystal Reports or SAP BO.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.