Post Date: 08/09/2019
Close Date: 08/18/2019
We are the team behind the team. As employees of the Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Quarter, we bring people together to create extraordinary moments and lasting memories through the power of sports and entertainment. Our organization has an opportunity and responsibility to positively impact our staff, players, fans, and community. As such, we are committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization and our community.
We ask that you join us in this journey, and that you continue to advance this work within your own sphere of influence. We are all in this together - after all, we are all part of Rip City!
As our Premium Service Manager, you will provide account optimization and client advising on existing Trail Blazers’ and Rose Garden’s most premium ticket holders, increasing their dedication, customer happiness and retention rate.
You will be responsible for:
• Achieving revenue goals associated with a defined base of existing Premium clients, including renewals, referrals, add-ons and upgrades.
• Determining which Premium products best meet the customer’s needs and financial circumstances; advising the customer regarding the advantages and disadvantages of different products; and marketing, servicing or promoting the Premium level products.
• Developing and implementing creative customized programs, benefits and events for account base, including working at both Rose Quarter events (e.g., Trail Blazers games, concerts, family shows) and offsite events (e.g., appreciation dinners).
• Building, marketing and strengthening authentic relationships with account base through ongoing intentional communication (in-person, phone and e-mail) and the creation and implementation of individualized service plans. Delivering service that is personal, creative, timely, and exceeds client and organizational expectations.
• Managing and negotiating renewals, upgrades and add-on processes for assigned accounts.
• Investigating, resolving and detailing various client requests and concerns utilizing the highest standard of customer service.
• Demonstrating a positive attitude, supporting company initiatives with peers and customers and adopting change.
• Supporting the broader sales, service and marketing functions and objectives of the organization.
• Understanding the changing demographics, preferences, needs and wants of defined account base utilizing technical systems including Archtics, CRM and RIPCITYUNITED.com.
• Working closely with team and arena departments (e.g., food and beverage, parking, facility operations, ticket sales, game operations, marketing, corporate partnership) to ensure world-class entertainment experiences for account base and other guests.
• Achieving minimum touch point, customer satisfaction surveys and RCU engagement metrics.
• Assisting with special projects as assigned.
• Performing other tasks as needed.
You are qualified if:
• You possess a Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university in Communications, Business Administration, Sports Management, or a related field; or a minimum of 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• You have at least 5 years of experience in a customer service role, preferably within professional sports, luxury, or hospitality.
• You have strong technology skills and are proficient in Microsoft applications. Knowledge of inventory management software and CRM is a plus.
• You are a detail oriented, ambitious, flexible, upbeat, outgoing, and resilient.
• You demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills and can effectively balance conflict management.
• You have a solid understanding of both sales and service strategies as it relates to the sports and entertainment industry.
• You present a professional attitude and strong team orientation.
• You are able to negotiate and exercise discretion and independent judgement to best service clients and build strong relationships.
• You are analytical and possess creative problem solving and decision-making skills. You are organized and prioritize workload in a dynamic environment.
• You can work a flexible schedule and are willing to work extended hours which includes nights, weekends and being on-call as necessary.
Offers of employment will be conditioned on an individualized assessment of background check results after a conditional offer is made.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to being champions of diversity in our organization and community.