Post Date: 02/13/2020
Close Date: 03/04/2020
Clackamas County Social Services Division is looking to fill a Case Manager vacancy to provide case management and support to individuals and families who are economically disadvantaged, homeless or at risk of homelessness, developmentally disabled, living with mental health issues or addiction, physically disabled and/or elderly. Case Managers will work with members of the community to match individual client needs, preferences and eligibility status with a broad range of financial, medical, social, vocational and other services and resources to secure housing.
Our goal is to provide assistance for individuals and families that are homeless or at risk of homelessness, in obtaining safe and affordable housing in Clackamas County, partnering with a wide variety of community resources. Case Managers work with such housing programs as Bridges to Housing, Hope II and a variety of other transitional, housing authority and housing stabilization programs.
Clackamas County is committed to building a workforce that reflects the community we serve. In that spirit, we encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds and experience to apply.
Required Minimum Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:
• At least three (3) years as a case manager or in a comparable function with homeless and/or low-income populations. Relevant education may be considered as a substitute for up to one (1) year of experience
• At least six months in a position (paid or volunteer) that required coordination between three or more community partners
• At least one year of experience using creative problem solving, with successful results, in preventing people at high risk of homelessness from becoming homeless
• In-depth knowledge, demonstrated by education, training and/or working experience, of homeless education programs, domestic violence, mental and emotional health issues including addiction, short and long-term effects of poverty and homelessness on homeless adults and families with children
• Experience building relationships and networks with participants, colleagues and community partners
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated commitment and experience advancing equity and diversity in a workplace or community setting
• Must successfully pass a criminal history check which may include national or state fingerprint records check
• Must successfully pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
• Driving is required for County business on a regular basis or to accomplish work. Incumbents must possess a valid driver's license, and possess and maintain an acceptable driving record throughout the course of employment.
Preferred Special Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:
• Ability to read, write and communicate fluently in Spanish, Russian and/or Ukrainian
• At least one year of experience helping literally homeless persons access and retain private market permanent housing
• Proficiency with Microsoft office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
• Knowledge of social, health care, financial and other community resources and agencies
SALARY & BENEFITS
Clackamas County offers competitive wages and an attractive benefits package, including a robust Wellness program.
• The salary range is $47,140 - $59,399 Annually
• This position will work 37.5 hours per week.
• Health Plan Options: Most employees are eligible to start most benefits after two months of continuous employment.
HOW TO APPLY
Clackamas County accepts online applications only. To complete an online application and for more information, please visit http://www.clackamas.us/ and click on the “Jobs” tab
• Please follow the instructions to submit the on-line application. Instructions will include how to copy and paste a current resume. Please make sure to answer all the questions, including the open-ended questions!
• This position closes on March 4, 2020.
Complete details: https://hrapp.clackamas.us/psc/recruit/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&JobOpeningId=105359&PostingSeq=1&SiteId=1&languageCd=ENG&FOCUS=Applicant