Post Date: 05/08/2019
Close Date: 05/23/2019
Clark College is currently accepting applications for two full-time, permanent classified Campus Security Officers. Clark College is looking to develop a hiring pool for anticipated full-time vacancies. These positions in the Security/Safety are responsible for performing general security work for the college campuses.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, core themes, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Enforce campus regulations and local, state, and federal laws.
• Patrol the campus by walking, biking, gas/electric cart, patrol truck, to enforce College policy and procedures.
• Check buildings and grounds for disruptive people, fire, property damage and other irregularities.
• Protect the safety of students and College employees and their property.
• Respond to emergency calls including fire alarms and medical emergencies.
• Prepare incident reports utilizing computerized systems.
• Enforce College parking and traffic regulations.
• Provide service to the College community including building access, parking lot escort, and motorist assistance.
• Operate equipment including radios, vehicle entry tools, booster packs, electric carts, and patrol truck.
• Perform related duties as required.
Position Requirements and Competencies:
Candidates will be evaluated based on application materials, including the supplemental questions and personal interview(s), and will be required to demonstrate competencies in the following areas:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Must possess a current valid driver’s license.
• Must possess current auto insurance.
• Must have no felony convictions.
• Experience in a security or law enforcement environment.
• Experience working in a large campus environment.
• College coursework in police work or related field.
• Ability to work well and effectively communicate with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds both in and outside of the organization.
• Provide effective customer service.
• Ability to adapt easily to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
• Ability to coordinate with others to share information, make decisions, and implement solutions to problems or complaints.
• Experience in effective conflict resolution.
• Experience working with confidential information.
• Proven record of a reliable and dependable work history.
• Bilingual preferred.
Job Readiness/Working Conditions:
• Willingness to work all shifts, including swing shift, graveyard, and weekends and at multiple campus sites.
• Willingness and ability to walk for extended periods of time.
• Willingness to work as a contributing member of the Safety/Security team.
• Willingness to obtain first aid/CPR/AED certification.
• The initial appointment will include a 6-month probationary period and the employee will earn permanent status after successfully completing probation.
• This position is represented by Washington Public Employees Association.
• Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Starting Salary: $3,409/month Range: 46 Code: 00385E
Benefits package includes insurance, retirement, annual and sick leave, disability, flexible spending account, and tuition waiver.
Required application materials must be completed and submitted online by 3 p.m., May 23, 2019.
REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS:
• Clark College online application
• Current resume
• Responses to the supplemental questions included in the online application process
1. Describe your experience/training working in a campus security or related environment.
2. Give two examples that demonstrate your experience in the following areas (for each example, include the type of individuals or groups you worked with (such as students, faculty, the general public, and individuals from culturally diverse backgrounds):
• Dealing tactfully and effectively with individuals and groups in a security environment
• Resolving conflicts or solving problems
• Dealing with people who were impolite, rude or hostile to you, or who may have been under the influence of alcohol or drugs
3. Give two examples of job responsibilities or assignments you performed relating to campus security work which best demonstrates your ability to work independently. For each example, include your position, the extent of your responsibility for the final product or resolution, and whether the work was self-initiated.
4. Describe your experience or training in the following areas, including when and where you obtained your experience/training:
• Interpreting and applying security policies and procedures
• Traffic enforcement and parking control
• Interview and statement taking
Please apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133. The most recent Annual Security Report can be viewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
May 8, 2019
Complete details: http://www.clark.edu/about/jobs-and-employment/jobs/index.php