Post Date: 06/12/2019
Close Date: 07/31/2019
Are you looking for a chance to make a difference every day? Would you like to work one-on-one with people who experience developmental disabilities?
If so, UCP Oregon might have the perfect job for you! At UCP, we get to know our clients’ life goals and supports utilizing a person-centered approach. We empower them to develop their self-advocacy abilities because we believe in the power of assisting the people we serve to make informed and independent choices, develop deeper connections within the community, and actualize personal goals. Our dedicated staff provide exceptional care and services making UCP Oregon rank as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits Employers in Oregon.
We’re currently seeking a full-time “Supported Living Specialist” who will work 40 hours per week choosing from the two schedule options listed below.
40 hours per week (Tuesday through Saturday) between the hours of 8am to 5:30pm.
40 hours per week (Four 10-hour shifts per week between the hours of 7am to 7pm). Friday and Saturday shifts are required but you choose your other two scheduled shifts from the following days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. You also choose your scheduled time-frame (for example, 7am to 5pm or 9am to 7pm).
You’ll support adults who experience various developmental disabilities; all of them live independently in their own houses and apartments. You’ll get to help them make their own choices, learn awesome new skills, and do fun activities in the community. Some folks will need help with chores, and a few people will need assistance to shower or use the bathroom. You’ll work one-on-one, so you’ll have the time to build real relationships.
This is a great job for people who want to gain experience in the fields of social services, social justice, non-profits, and healthcare… and for anyone who’s looking for a long-term career. Be proud of where you work! Come join UCP Oregon.
• $13.36 per hour. Annual wage increase based on satisfactory performance.
• Eligible for overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
• Holiday pay for 4 Agency holidays (double pay for the first 12 hours of any agency holiday shift that you work).
• 4 paid holidays off per year.
• Great medical, vision, prescription, and alternative care coverage (including massage therapy and naturopathy) for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
• 3 weeks of paid time off, rising incrementally to 4 weeks after 5 years of service.
• 401k retirement plan with up to 3% employer match.
• Mileage reimbursement.
• Partial cell phone reimbursement.
• Fun, casual work environment, with lots of opportunities for advancement and growth, at one of the top-ranked non-profits in Oregon.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Be able to transport clients in your car: have a reliable personal vehicle, be at least 21 years old (a requirement of our auto insurance program), have a valid driver’s license, auto insurance, at least 3 years driving experience, and a relatively clean driving record.
• Be able to pass a reference check, a physical with a lifting test of 50lbs, and a criminal history background check.
• Experience in developmental disability field preferred but not required.
• It’s easy to apply! Visit http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html and look for the “Supported Living Specialist (2 Schedule Options)” job opening. Then answer a few fast questions and send a resume and cover letter.
• UCP is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. Find out more about UCP at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/.
Complete details: https://www.workable.com/j/5C6934489D