Post Date: 11/07/2018
Close Date: 02/28/2019
This position is located in either our Lake Oswego or Eugene office.
The Survey Technician will perform office and field assignments involving the use of total stations, data collectors, digital levels, GNSS receivers and Trimble Business Center; use knowledge and experience for route, topographic, construction and land development surveying; interact with teams from different disciplines throughout the company; utilize/maintain specialized survey equipment, and perform related technical tasks with regular review and direction from senior Survey Technicians/Project Surveyors; generate reports and provide project support services as directed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Moderate to high level mastery of routine procedures under the direction of more senior Survey Technicians, Project Surveyors, and/or Survey Division Manager.
• Perform surveys, gather data, analyze/interpret results, draft reports, maintain records, and carry out assignments with project team members.
• Prepare survey project deliverables, per work assignment.
• Communicate effectively with clients and other staff members.
• Ensure survey instrumentation and field equipment is operated properly, maintained in good working condition and that routine maintenance is performed.
• Practice health and safety awareness and self-protection at all times.
• Perform other related duties as assigned
This position requires a High School Diploma or an Associates of Science Degree, combined with 2 years’ experience. A Bachelors' degree in surveying and/or engineering shall substitute for one years' worth of experience.
• Land Surveying Intern (LSI) preferred
• Certified Survey Technician (CST) preferred
Job Related Skills:
• Demonstrates ability to draw conclusions from survey data.
• Demonstrates ability to keep accurate and concise field notes.
• Demonstrates skills applying procedures and techniques, including general scientific theories and engineering concepts and principles.
• Fully proficient at adjusting surveying equipment.
• Developing proficiency at coordinate geometry and trigonometry skills and ability to apply them to survey tasks.
• Fully proficient oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to manage one's own time effectively.
• Excellent customer service, team interactions, coordination, and communication skills.
• Interest and ability to learn new software and ability to work cooperatively in a professional team environment.
• Developing proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites (Outlook, Word, Excel).
• Developing proficiency with AutoCAD/Civil 3D and/or MicroStation/InRoads.
• Fully proficient operating: GNSS receivers, data collectors, digital levels, total stations. Operating Trimble Business Center experience preferred.
• Must possess or be able to obtain an Oregon or Washington Driver's License within 6 months of employment.
Please go to our website (www.obec.com), click on the careers section, and fill out the employment application. This application is required and you will not be considered for this position without submitting the application.
Please also include your cover letter, resume, and any transcripts that may be required for this position.
OBEC Consulting Engineers is committed to being an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Persons with a Disability. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran status and disability status. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, veteran status, disability status, or another other characteristic protected by law.
Complete details: https://obec.applicantpro.com/jobs/930377.html