Post Date: 03/29/2019
Close Date: 05/31/2019
Warner Pacific University’s Mission: Warner Pacific is a Christ-centered, urban, liberal arts University dedicated to providing students from diverse backgrounds with an education that prepares them to engage actively in a constantly changing world. Our hiring practices reflect our missional commitment to being a Christ-centered institution.
Warner Pacific University’s Commitment to Diversity: Warner Pacific University is committed to hiring staff and faculty with an intentionality that demonstrates the importance of having an employee community that reflects the racial and ethnic diversity of the students we serve. Persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Summary Description: The Sports Information Director is a full-time, benefit eligible position reporting to the Director of Athletics. This role is responsible for sports related communication in web, broadcast media, print, and publications for all sports; serving as liaison with head coaches, sponsor representatives, alumni, community outreach, and print/media communications with the Athletic Department; collecting, reporting and archiving of statistics, game management oversight, event oversight and staffing.
Sports Information Director
• Facilitate the gathering, reporting, and archiving of statistics for the varsity athletic teams at Warner Pacific.
• Ensure the functionality of live stats and video for home events.
• Maintain athletic website for the department with current rosters, schedules, results, statistics, game recaps, and sponsor advertising.
• Maintain accurate records of all-time athletic records and statistics for all sports programs.
• Develop, catalog, and store a comprehensive photography library for all sports
• Nominate athletes for all appropriate conference and nationals awards (player of the week, scholar athlete, etc.).
• Create and execute a promotional strategy for each sport according to priorities established by the director of athletics and development. This will include designing print collateral, creating promotional/recruiting videos, writing feature stories of coaches/athletes, and leveraging social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
• Supervise and organize home event hospitality for sponsors, VIPs, boosters, parents groups, hospitality events, visiting groups.
• Work with operations staff to fulfill home event sponsor and advertiser recognition commitments.
• Organize marketing staff for annual group ticket sales and corporate ticket sales in selected sports.
• Maintain current and prospect ticket mailing lists—high schools, businesses, groups, parents, sponsors, and friends by sport.
• Serve as liaison with the alumni association and Athletic Hall of Honor Committee.
• Serve as primary liaison with all sponsors.
• Coordinate staff and student-athlete public appearances at charitable events.
• Market summer camps in all sports.
• Represent the university at necessary community, CCC or NAIA functions.
• Administer and conduct all regular season and postseason events, arranging for facilities, officials, ticketing, ticket takers, concessions, security, parking, sale of fan gear, half-time and postgame activities, emergency medical arrangements, and other elements of quality event management
• Administer all complimentary, team, and special-event ticket requests.
• Work with the staff to ensure quality execution of sponsor and donor activities.
• In collaboration with the assistant athletics director, train and supervise all event workers.
• Schedule and supervise visiting team practice times.
• Maintain and distribute the master events calendar of the department.
• Act as the primary liaison to conference and national athletics governance associations for postseason events hosted by the Athletics Department.
• Handle all issues and problems that might arise during athletics events.
• Assist the Director of Athletics with special projects as needed.
• Conform to the highest standards of professional conduct regarding compliance with department and institutional policies and procedures and adherence to the rules and regulations of athletic governance organizations of which the institution is a member.
• Contribute to the maintenance of good working relationships with all staff, student-athletes, and external constituents through (a) a positive and constructive approach to all tasks, (b) respect for the competencies of others, and (c) appropriate conflict resolution behavior.
• Demonstrated proficiency in statistical programs including StatCrew and DakStats.
• High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• High degree of proficiency in Adobe Suite of products including Photoshop, InDesign, AfterEffects, and PremierPro.
• Photography, videography and editing experience.
• Experience with content management systems (SIDEARM).
• Experience in writing recaps, features, previews/reviews.
• Experience in training interns/student workers and delegating tasks.
• Knowledge of best practices/strategies for social media campaigns.
• Ability to multi-task, work effectively, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Be present in the office on a daily basis unless arrangements are made with the employee’s direct supervisor.
• Contributes to the support and implementation of the University Strategic Plan.
• Participates in Warner Pacific University professional development opportunities.
• Adheres to University policies and procedures.
• Demonstrates commitment to a Christian liberal arts education by upholding the mission of the University and abiding by the Employment Standards and Lifestyle Agreement.
• Exhibits commitment to inclusiveness and sensitivity in areas of national origin, ethnicity, culture, gender, and disabilities.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, sport management, or related area.
• Demonstrated proficiency with media and sports technology and public relations experience; sport and event management.
• Experience working with diverse populations.
• Master’s Degree in marketing, communications, business administration, sports management, or related degree.
• Two years in a supervisory position; collegiate athletic experience
• Experience in a supervisory role.
Physical Demands – Work Environment:
The position is located in a typical office environment. Professional/business casual attire is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Warner Pacific provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement for all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status and any other status protected by laws and regulations to which Warner Pacific is subject. All employment decisions, including hiring, promotions, compensation, benefits, transfers, and terminations are made in a manner that does not discriminate against individuals in the categories discussed above. Because Warner Pacific is a Christian liberal arts University, the University exercises its legal right to hire Christian employees to fulfill its mission and purpose.
Commitment to Diversity:
Warner Pacific University is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and a multicultural learning environment. Inquiries are encouraged from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our University. Warner Pacific University is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse workforce of committed Christians from all racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Warner Pacific University is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and a multicultural learning environment. We, therefore, encourage inquiries from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our University. Warner Pacific University is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse workforce of committed Christians from all racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
To Apply: In order to be considered an applicant for this position, please complete our online employment application at www.warnerpacific.edu/jobs. Click "Apply Now" to complete the online application, and submit the following:
2. Cover letter with names/contact information for three professional references