Post Date: 01/08/2019
Close Date: 03/31/2019
Application deadline: Open until filled
The Portland Harbor Lawyer will only be responsible for working on defense-related matters for PGE specific to the Portland Harbor CERCLA Superfund legal case. It is anticipated the position will last for approximately 3-5 years, until the completion of the voluntary allocation process and potential settlement with EPA.
Responsibilities include providing legal review and editing of expert reports drafted by environmental consultants, reviewing and drafting of advocacy briefs, attending working meetings with PGE and its consulting team and attending team project management meetings. The person in this role will provide litigation support for the Portland Harbor case, including helping manage document databases (Sharepoint and Searchlight), helping review documents for privilege and development of privilege logs, and help update and comply with ongoing required EPA information requests.
• PGE Legal –- Work with internal PGE legal team on legal research, legal review of documents and advocacy.
• Beverage & Diamond – Work with outside counsel legal team on legal research, legal review of documents and advocacy.
• PGE Environmental and Licensing Services Group – work with technical and scientific business group collaboratively on research, reports and advocacy.
• AECOM – work with technical consulting team on research, reports and advocacy.
• Ideally 10 years related experience, but a minimum of 5 years related experience.
• Active member in good standing of the Oregon State Bar, or ability to acquire the same.
Skills & Competencies:
• Effective advocacy skills to advance the Company’s position or interests.
• Genuine communicator and advocate, credible, and relationship motivated.
• Develops effective working relationships in a collegial environment. Ability to be a team player and work collaboratively to obtain results.
• Ability to problem-solve and think strategically in non-routine operations and ambiguous situations.
• Demonstrates high integrity in all interactions and decisions.
• Model, execute, and promote Company values, principles and culture: Core Principles (including Safety, Diversity and Inclusion), Customer Focus, Guiding Behaviors.
• J. D. degree from an A.B.A. accredited law school, with evidence of strong academic achievement.
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R18-708. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN EXTERNAL ONLY JOB POSTING.