Post Date: 08/16/2019
Close Date: 09/16/2019
OCHIN is currently looking for a talented Accounting Manager to join our team!
Who is OCHIN?
OCHIN is one of the nation’s largest and most successful Health Information Networks. Here, our goal is simple: to provide solutions that promote access to quality, affordable health care for all. Our Health IT solutions improve the integration and delivery of health care services across a wide variety of practices—with an emphasis on safety net clinics and small practices as well as critical access and rural hospitals.
Our corporate office is located in beautiful downtown Portland, Oregon. Working with us, you’ll find challenging projects, a collaborative team, and some of the best employee perks around, including public transportation reimbursement, an onsite gym, community volunteering activities, a generous PTO package, and a Dragon Boat Racing team! Recognized as one of the Top 100 Nonprofits to work for in Oregon. OCHIN is committed to creating a positive and enjoyable workplace for all its employees.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for supervising and reviewing the work of staff and senior accountants. In addition, the Accounting Manager is responsible for oversight of the general ledger, sub-ledgers and financial reporting. Responsibilities include:
• Supervise and review the work of all interns, staff and senior accountants as assigned
• Maintain and review the general ledger and all account reconciliations
• Manage bank relationship and oversee all transactions
• Manage fixed asset sub-ledger
• Coordinate all audits, including but not limited to, annual financial and 401K audits
• Maintain good internal control procedures
• Other duties as assigned
Outcomes for Success
• Complete assignments independently
• Be a critical thinker, who finds solutions to problems and makes appropriate decisions
• Ability to work under pressure, accurately and meet deadlines
• Team player willing to assist other members of the team as needed, ability to work with members outside the team, builds relationships
• Contributes ideas to improve processes, create efficiencies, reduce costs and streamline overall workflow
• Ability to teach and mentor staff and Senior level accountants
• 5 years of experience in similar or relevant role
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent
• Knowledge of GAAP
• Advance Excel skills
• Knowledge of ERP systems and financial reporting tools
• Knowledge of fixed asset programs
• Strong understanding of F/L structures and chart of accounts
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• 8 years of experience in similar or relevant role.
• Knowledge of Sage 500 and BizInsights
• Knowledge of BNA Fixed Assets
Our company culture is important to us. Successful candidates will identify easily with a set of character attributes, as listed below:
• A Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and have been told you have great customer service skills; you like people and want to help.
• A Critical Thinker: You have a mind that regularly looks for ways to find efficiencies, innovate, and make improvements where you can.
• Process Oriented: You’re able to understand, work in, create, and improve processes.
• A Collaborator: You’re a team player and relationship builder whose “can-do” attitude inspires others.
• Someone Who Seeks to Learn: You are eager to listen, study, and learn new things quickly; you are resourceful and are open to regularly accepting and growing from feedback.
• Entrepreneurial: You have proven success working in a fast-paced and changing environment; you are excited to play in a space where you’re adding value to the organization and its mission.
Job descriptions are designed to outline primary duties, responsibilities, and qualification requirements, and should not limit additional duties and responsibilities assigned. It is our expectation that all employees offer their services wherever and whenever deemed necessary to ensure the success of the organization.
Constant interpersonal skills, teamwork, customer service, problem analysis, and reading, speaking, writing, and understanding English. Frequent creativity, mentoring, presentations, and teaching. Occasional decision making and independent judgment or action. Frequent keyboarding, sitting, standing, hearing, and talking.
OCHIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. OCHIN does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check, as well as a check against the Office of Inspector General’s (OIG) exclusion list.