Post Date: 04/15/2019
Close Date: 04/30/2019
TITLE: Resident Services Coordinator (Richard Harris/ Ankeny Square )
DEPARTMENT: Supportive Housing
HOURS: Tuesday-Saturday, 9:00am-6:00pm
RANGE: $16.50-$17.50/Per hour
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens.
SUMMARY: The Resident Services Coordinator (RSC) assists residents through resources and referrals within designated Central City Concern Fair market and Section 8 Communities. Building community is very important to the success of the Resident Service Coordinator. The RSC will hold community events and meetings to help to build cohesion between tenants. This individual works with residents and staff to find solutions to financial and behavioral problems that, if not resolved, would jeopardize the resident’s continued housing. Supporting residents with all housing issues is the responsibility of the RSC.
1. Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
2. Advanced education is preferred.
3. Must have knowledge of chemical dependency and treatment.
4. 1 or more years’ experience working with people with mental illness required.
5. If a recovering chemically dependent person, they must have a minimum of two years sobriety and be able to provide supporting documentation if requested.
6. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
7. If using a vehicle for agency use, must possess a current driver’s license, access to a vehicle, qualify as an Acceptable Driver as designated in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety policy. Must pass an initial drivers training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification training. Must maintain vehicle insurance coverage of a minimum of $100,000/$300,000 personal auto liability coverage.
8. Will be required to carry an agency cell phone for work use. Cell phones will be provided by Central City Concern.
9. Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects. Must have professional maintenance of appropriate boundaries.
10. Must have professional maintenance of appropriate boundaries.
11. Must be able to climb stairs several times a day.
12. Must have sufficient manual dexterity and physical ability to perform assigned tasks.
13. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
Check out the full job description and apply at:
Central City Concern is a second chance employer and complies with applicable laws regarding consideration of criminal background for employment purposes. Government regulations, contractual requirements, or the duties of this particular job may require CCC to conduct a background check and take appropriate action to address prior criminal convictions.
Complete details: http://www.centralcityconcern.org/jobs/