Post Date: 03/28/2018
Close Date: 12/31/2018
Facilities Project Manager - Code Compliance
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09368
Location: Sylvania Campus
Address: 12000 SW 49th Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Management; Level K; Full-time; Exempt
Starting Salary Range: Minimum $66,472 to range mid-point of $81,428. Placement generally will not exceed the mid-point, based on qualifications, experience and internal equity. (Full Range is $66,472 to $96,383)
Job Close Date: For best consideration apply by April 17, 2018
Facilities Project Manager - Code Compliance develops, oversees, manages and leads multiple construction projects including code compliance (e.g. ADA, Fire/Life/Safety) projects for PCC. This position will work in conjunction with managers, directors and administration throughout the district to implement code compliance projects by developing and executing them within specifications, budgets and schedules.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Long-term Disability, Long-term Care, and Auto and Home Insurance programs.
PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employers Retirement System (PERS) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS. PCC also provides a 2% contribution to a 403(b) account for eligible management personnel. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
14.67 hours of Vacation leave per month
1 day of Sick Leave per month
3 additional Personal Leave days per year
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
Typical Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage multiple Code Compliance projects simultaneously, and monitor costs to assure projects operate within budget.
- Develop Code Compliance portion of the colleges 6 year capital plan in conjunction with Planning Design and Construction manager.
- Serve as a technical resource to administration and other project managers. Utilize experience in leading campus refurbishment projects to streamline processes and increase efficiency and productivity.
- Serve as a liaison between stakeholders, project managers, architects, designers, and customers to assure no aspect of the project is overlooked and that project progress is congruent with the original concept.
- Provide feedback to the PCC Director of Facilities Management Services in regard to enhancements and improvements for Code Compliance program.
To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements:
Note: Experience requirements use full-time equivalent
Bachelor's Degree in Planning or Construction Management (relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis).
Two years responsible facility planning and construction project management experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Construction management principles;
- Facility planning principles;
- Architectural and engineering principles, practices, and procedures;
- Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes;
- Negotiation techniques;
- Construction design standards;
- Budgeting principles;
- Contract management principles;
- Advanced project management principles.
Demonstrated Skill in:
- Interpreting and applying applicable laws, rules, and regulations;
- Analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, projecting consequences of proposed actions, and making recommendations in support of goals;
- Managing multiple on-going projects;
- Conducting negotiations and mediations;
- Preparing a variety business documents and reports;
- Inspecting construction sites for compliance with applicable standards, codes, and regulations;
- Enforcing applicable construction and building code requirements;
- Managing contracts;
- Preparing requests for proposals and project specifications;
- Reading blueprints, schematic drawings, and/or construction drawings;
- Working with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff;
- Utilizing computer technology used for communication, data gathering and reporting;
- Communicating effectively through oral and written mediums.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work is generally performed in both an office and outdoor environment, with frequent interruptions and irregularities in the work schedule. Frequent sitting, reaching, walking, standing, lifting, stooping, or carrying of equipment and materials may be required. Incumbents may be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Experience in managing code compliance projects in a large multicampus organization.
- Experience with using Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) to track projects.
- Experience and/or knowledgeable in reading blueprints, schematic drawings and/or construction drawings.
- Experience and/or ability to work with user groups/customers of diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Experience in Construction management principles and facility planning principles
- Experience in planning, preparation, monitoring and managing project budgets to identify and prevent potential financial overruns and variances; makes appropriate decision/recommendations to alleviate financial implications.
- Experience evaluating for accessibility compliance utilizing applicable ADA Standards and making recommendations for, and facilitating,
- Experience with Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing Projects
- Active participation in related professional organizations
- Related licenses, credentials and certificates such as PE, NCARB, NCIDQ, BOC, LEED, CEFP/EFP, PMP, CSI/CDT
Additional Posting Information:
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position, please submit:
1. Completed online application
2. Cover Letter (attach document)* Please state how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications.
3. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Applicants selected for further consideration may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
Notes to Applicant:
- Upon hire candidate will be required to provide official transcripts for all degrees earned.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1195472
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1195472