Post Date: 06/20/2019
Close Date: 07/25/2019
Teen Tech Center Coordinator
$36,700 - $39,520 per year
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) is seeking a Teen Tech Center Coordinator to implement structured and casual interpretative programming for OMSI visitors aged 10 – 18 in the Teen Tech Center and associated program spaces. The Teen Tech Center is operated with support from Best Buy and the Clubhouse Network to provide support and resources for young people to pursue their interests and build upon their talents, mainly through technology. Activities include making and recording music, art, video, zines, animation, computer games, clothing, and more. The coordinator is responsible for daily functioning and maintenance of Teen Tech Center activities, equipment and technology. The Coordinator also supports long-term planning and implementation for experiences related other areas of teen programming. In joining the OMSI team, you also participate in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science and technology that spreads educational opportunities across the Northwest.
• Proven track record working with youth aged 10-18, particularly young people from underserved neighborhoods.
• Experience with computers and interest in technology as a creative and empowering tool.
• Demonstrated ability to reach out to youth, parents, educators, and community leaders.
• Interpersonal skills, including an ability to get along with people of diverse backgrounds and abilities and a talent for making people feel welcome and included.
• A passion for learning and helping others to learn.
• Ability to present science and technology process and content in an engaging way with a diverse population of learners.
• Pass pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check and reference checks.
• Competitive health benefits.
• Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, and Holiday pay!
• Free OMSI annual membership
• Reciprocal Employee Attractions Pass – Valid for two free general admissions to 21 Oregon attractions.
We invite all applicants interested in influencing the community and our future generations to join our team.
To learn more or apply, visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/349449.html
Position closes July 25, 2019.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/349449.html