Post Date: 01/04/2019
Close Date: 01/27/2019
Do you have a passion for Oregon, an appreciation of the unpredictable and somewhat maverick nature of this place we call home?
Working for Travel Oregon is much more than a job, it’s a quirky sense of humor and the pursuit of a life less ordinary. It’s also an eternal quest for that next great meal, powdery slope, lighthouse view or cultural experience, all while working to strengthen the impact of tourism on the state’s economy by providing visitors with authentic, high quality travel experiences. Our team delivers unequaled tourism expertise to the entire state and tells Oregon’s story to the world while ensuring the preservation of Oregon’s way of life and its natural places.
Our downtown Portland office is currently recruiting for a Marketing Automation Coordinator to coordinate and execute tasks within our marketing automation platform to help manage our customer’s journey along key communication touchpoints (or what we like to call Visitor Lifecycle Management (VLM)). This is an exciting opportunity for a talented individual early in their marketing automation career to join the team in the entry stages of the platform build and help develop the final platform.
Ongoing duties will include audience segmentation, rule building, content selection and development, program maintenance, launch timing, and performance evaluation. This role will also coordinate processes and documentation and provide assistance with gathering and ensuring quality control on various forms of data and reporting on the performance of our award-winning marketing campaigns.
The successful candidate is a self-motivated, detail-oriented, and energetic, with a passion for marketing data, processes and documentation, and an eye for quality in marketing communications. In addition, here’s what we expect you to bring to the table:
• A Bachelor’s degree with a marketing or analytics focus is preferred; additional, relative experience and/or training will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• A minimum of two (2) years’ experience/exposure to brand marketing and marketing plan development and a basic understanding of online analytics/insights across key channels/platforms including (but not limited to): website, advertising, search, and social media required.
• Prior experience with marketing automation platforms like Marketo, Pardot, Act-On, etc completing tasks like segmenting lists, building email templates and ensuring inbox delivery, required. Working understanding of database architecture and queries strongly preferred.
• One-year experience working experience with MS Office Suite, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console, etc., required. Familiarity with paid search marketing and SEO marketing preferred.
• Strong writing skills with experience drafting copy.
• A passion for flawless execution and continuous optimization.
• An unfettered love of Oregon, its people and its places.
• BONUS POINTS: Experience with SQL, CSS or HTML/HTML 5 and experience working with Business Intelligence tools like Tableau, Domo, Birst, etc.
Travel Oregon is a semi-independent State of Oregon agency and offers competitive compensation and benefits, which includes Public Employees’ Benefit Board (PEBB) plans for medical, dental and vision insurance, Public Employees Retirement System benefits (PERS), paid vacation and personal leave, sick leave, and ten (10) paid holidays. Optional benefits include access to life insurance, long- and short-term disability, long-term care insurance, and eligibility for participation in the Oregon Savings Growth Plan.
To view a full job description and apply, please visit TravelOregon.HiringThing.com. To learn more about Travel Oregon, visit our websites at www.TravelOregon.com and www.Industry.TravelOregon.com. Travel Oregon is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
Complete details: https://traveloregon.hiringthing.com/