Post Date: 06/17/2019
Close Date: 07/17/2019
Job Title: Environmental Engineer/Geologist
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt, Salaried
Reports to: Environmental Practice Lead
Location: Downtown Portland, one block from the Yamhill District MAX Station
Closing Date: Open until filled
GSI Water Solutions is seeking a skilled Environmental Engineer/Geologist with experience in upland and in-water sediment assessment. In this role, you will act as Project Manager on a variety of projects with an emphasis on site assessment and remedial activities associated with ongoing Superfund sites across the Oregon/Washington area. This is an exciting opportunity to join a passionate, high-performing team of professionals making a positive environmental impact.
In this role you will
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously, manage project budget, performance, billing, and schedule
• Review geologic and environmental data to develop site conceptual models, prepare reports, meet regulatory requirements, and move projects forward
• Mentor junior staff
• Communicate regularly with clients, regulators, and GSI management
• Prepare work plans, technical reports, and presentations for technical meetings
• Scope field activities and oversee large field efforts
• Assist with remedial design and implementation activities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This job operates in a professional office environment and to a limited degree, in the field for larger field efforts. This requires the use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and copiers. Field efforts require lifting up to 40 pounds.
Travel and Field Work
Project areas are local or within approximately a two hour drive (Oregon and Washington). General field activities consist of site visits and regulatory/client meetings. Approximately 10% of worktime will be spent traveling and working in the field.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
• 40-hr OSHA HAZWOPER certification required
• Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Required Education and Experience
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• BS degree in engineering or geology
• 5 or more years of environmental experience
• Experience preparing work plans, technical reports, and budgets
• Desire to mentor junior staff on field techniques and project tasks.
Valued Education and Experience
• MS degree in engineering or geology
• Oregon RG or PE
• Oregon and Washington environmental project experience.
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage; depending on the option you choose, GSI will pay 70 to 87 percent of premiums for both you and your dependents
• Generous and flexible paid time off
• Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
• ROTH or Traditional 401(k) retirement plan options with matching contributions of up to 4% by GSI
• Company-paid life and long-term disability insurance, with the option to buy additional coverage at affordable rates
• Transportation benefit of $75 per month to assist with the cost of commuting into downtown Portland and parking, plus an additional reimbursement of $25 per month for a monthly transit pass
• Cell phone benefit of $70 per month to assist with the cost of using a personal cell phone for business purposes
• Reimbursement for professional registrations and renewals
• Paid time off for certification and licensing exams
• Paid memberships in professional organizations
• Flexible work schedules.
About GSI Water Solutions, Inc. (GSI)
In 2000, our three founders left a large consulting firm to start something different. The premise was simple: to build a firm with the flexibility to put clients first and focus on what we do best.
Today, GSI is an employee-owned water resources and environmental management consulting firm with five offices in Oregon and California. Our team members are passionate, motivated, and collaborative professionals who strive to be leaders in their industry. We hire people who are as dedicated to their clients as we are.
Please Apply Online