Post Date: 05/14/2019
Close Date: 06/14/2019
At Catlin Gabel School, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on being a warm and welcoming community, and we know our school's success is due in large part to the hard work and dedication of our passionate employees.
Catlin Gabel's dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our curriculum and in our mission. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Applications are welcome from anyone and everyone.
Position Title: Varsity Boys Basketball Coach
Reports to: Athletic Director
Head Coach is responsible for overseeing the program for a particular sport and for supervising assistants.
• Read the coach’s handbook to be familiar with policies and procedures of the athletic department.
• Maintain close contact with the Athletic Director.
• Establish practice schedules and game arrivals and departure times.
• Track student eligibility and required records.
• Oversee the issue, collection and storage of uniforms and other necessary equipment.
• Be responsible for behavior of players before, during and after any games or practices.
• Be responsible for all policies and procedures of the School.
• Maintain student safety at all times
• Attend planning meetings and awards ceremonies.
• Prepare reports concerning results of games and season.
• Manage any discipline problems with the players.
• Set up and take down needed equipment.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Head Coach has the responsibility of upholding the athletic policy of the school for his/her team.
Supervises the activities of assistant and junior varsity coaches. Supervises student athletes during practices and matches.
Close liaison with the Athletic Director on policy, team performances and problems within the team. Contact with parents of athletes. vacations Contact with opposing coaches concerning scheduling and match organization. Frequent contact with student athletes.
SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS
Good organizational skills. Good communication skills with athletes and parents. Good knowledge of the sport.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
BA or BS, preferably in education, from an accredited college or university. High school coaching experience preferred. Playing experience preferred. Coaching license or certificate preferred.
Available for afternoon coaching from 3:30pm. Flexibility to work early afternoon and late evenings for travel to away matches, and some weekend work. Possible pre-season coaching during school.
TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT: https://catlin.tedk12.com/hire/Index.aspx. Applicants MUST apply via the provided link to be considered.
Complete details: https://catlin.tedk12.com/hire/Index.aspx