Post Date: 07/18/2019
Close Date: 09/03/2019
***Priority review of applicants will take place on September 3, 2019. It is in the applicant's best interest to submit their materials as soon as possible.***
South Puget Sound Community College (SPSCC) seeks a highly motivated and qualified individual for the position of Chief Information Officer (CIO) serving as the senior executive in all matters pertaining to information and educational technology within the college.
The principle responsibility of this position is to ensure new and continued availability of contemporary technology systems that are dependable, responsive, and fully support the internal and external needs of the college. The CIO will be the lead executive to ensure the successful implementation of information technology initiatives initiated by the State Board of Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) relative to South Puget Sound Community College, and for all policies and procedures regarding technology. This position serves as the executive sponsor of the ctcLink ERP implementation and serves as a member of South Puget Sound Community College executive management team.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration, public administration or closely related field. High-level professional experience may substitute for degrees.
• Five years' experience in information systems with at least three years at the supervisory level.
• Management experience including supervision of professional staff, contractors, and budgets.
• Demonstrated experience with a wide range of technology utilized in an enterprise environment.
• Demonstrated creative/innovative approaches that maintain a commitment to the College's quality, diversity, and public service values.
• Demonstrated knowledge of project management, principles of organization, and business administration.
• Demonstrated leadership as a senior manager with experience in both strategic and long-term planning.
• Proven experience in conflict resolution and collaborative problem solving.
• Master's degree.
• Higher education experience.
Skills & Abilities:
• Understanding of the value that community colleges bring to the community.
• Awareness of and openness to new technologies and how they may benefit the entire college.
• Knowledge of trends and strategies in data processing, programming languages, and information technology.
• Mastery of advanced management principles.
• Oral and written communication effectiveness, as well as public speaking skills.
• Ability to interact successfully with widely diverse individuals and groups.
• An action-oriented work style.
• Excellent judgment and ability to see the "big picture".
Applications must be completed online and include the following attachments:
• Cover letter addressed to the Screening Committee highlighting your ability to perform the responsibilities and competencies described in the job posting.
• Current resume/CV showing all educational and professional experience which demonstrates how you meet the minimum and any preferred qualifications.