Post Date: 02/28/2020
Close Date: 06/30/2020
Who We Are:
Luke-Dorf, Inc. is a private, non-profit community mental health agency that provides services for individuals with psychiatric disabilities. Luke-Dorf, Inc. is a licensed provider of mental health and alcohol and drug treatment services in both Washington and Multnomah Counties. Our network of supportive programs is designed to maximize each individual's self-determination, independence and stability. With a focus on Recovery and Community Integration, we are committed to individualized, strength-based treatment, utilizing a variety of evidence-based practices and innovative models.
As a member of the executive team, this position will lead the Human Resources department, along with providing support and career development to all staff members. The position requires management of all Human Resources functions including but not limited to: recruitment/staffing, benefits administration, performance management, employee relations, and HRIS administration.
- Collaborate, synthesize, and execute agency wide initiatives and projects in response to the agency strategic plan and the human resources needs for the organization as a whole.
- Develop, monitor, and work in collaboration in developing an agency wide training program/Leadership college for the agency
- Qualitatively and quantitatively track and report on agency turnover, hiring, and retention; make recommendations and work plans for improving in these areas.
- Oversee safety programs and initiatives for the agency; work in concert with other Directors and Program Managers to assess and improve safety policies, procedures, trainings, and infrastructure
- Plan, organize and control all activities of the department. Lead the development of department goals, objectives and systems
- Create and implement employee relations policies to help increase employees’ job satisfaction
- Direct the orientation procedure for onboarding new hires, conduct ongoing evaluations of its effectiveness through surveys, feedback, and observation
- Partner with the management in providing coaching and guidance to maximize employee performance and career success
- Develop, recommends and implement personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintain handbook on policies and procedures ·
- Ensure the agency is current with all policies and procedures and there is uniform implementation among all staff members
- Ensure the compliance and application of all state and federal employment laws including: FMLA, OFLA, COBRA, HIPAA, and employee terminations
- Maintain employee personnel/benefit files in accordance to OAR standards
- Manage and oversee the claims process and compliance of the workers’ comp program. Coordinate with external parties in resolving open claim issues
- Develop corporate plans for a variety of HR matters such as compensation, benefits, health and safety etc.
- Deal with grievances and violations invoking disciplinary action when required
- Anticipate and resolve litigation risks
- Attend residential site reviews and present staff personnel and training records for state audits
- Develop and assist in the ongoing creation of an employee self-service informational reference network. Keep reference network current while maintaining a “user-friendly” format, which results in an efficient tool to locate company information
- Oversees agency-wide communications in the forms on an internal newsletter and maintaining a dynamic vs static Intranet
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and completes in a timely manner
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Human Resources Staffing Specialist
- Payroll and Benefit Administrator
- Communication: Direct and concise. Keeps people informed. Listens effectively to others.
- Teamwork: Effective at working in team situations.
- Initiative/Results Orientation: Originates action. Finds ways to get things done.
- Quality: Promotes continuous improvement. Effectively utilizes data.
- Customer Responsiveness: Responds well to internal or external customer needs.
- Analytical Thinking: Attention to detail over sustained periods of time and ability to analyze data and recognize trends.
- Dependability: Counted on to follow through on commitments; at work each day and on time; work completed in a timely fashion.
- Independence: Receives no instruction on routine work; with general instruction on new assignments.
- Aptitude: Ability to comprehend and apply new ideas, processes, procedures, or training.
- Organizational Awareness: Understands the culture of the organization; interests and concerns of various groups.
- Sensitive Information: Exposure to highly confidential information. Must maintain the highest level of discretion at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or equivalent work experience with a Master’s degree required.
- PHR or SPHR certification required.
Minimum of ten years of experience in an HR Director role with experience in recruiting, compensation, employee relations, benefits administration and employment law. Demonstrated ability to prioritize, manage and delegate a wide variety of tasks. Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Working knowledge of HRIS and payroll systems is required. Incumbent must have the ability to work with all levels of employees within the organization.
- Proven experience as HR Director
- Full understanding of the way an organization operates to meet its objectives
- Excellent knowledge of employment legislation and regulations
- Thorough knowledge of human resource management principles and best practices
- A business acumen partnered with attention to the human element
- Knowledge of data analysis and reporting
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Diligent and firm with high ethical standards