Post Date: 08/30/2019
Close Date: 09/22/2019
This recruitment will be used to fill one full-time Information Technology Consultant, competency level 3, position for Ecampus at Oregon State University (OSU).
The Lecture Media Coordinator (Information Technology Consultant, competency level 3) provides media support to identify the scope of recording projects and plan resources required to produce videos to support Ecampus course developments. The Lecture Media Coordinator is part of the multimedia team in the Course Development and Training (CDT) unit within the division of Ecampus. The division is a fast-growing, entrepreneurial organization with a commitment to providing access to Oregon State University’s programs of excellence. Ecampus includes Oregon State Ecampus (online degrees), Open Oregon State (open access online resources), and Ecampus Research Unit (conducts original research).
The CDT unit provides expertise and support for the development of online and hybrid courses, including instructional design services, innovative multimedia development, and faculty development programming and support. This position reports to the Multimedia Project Manager within CDT.
Within the CDT team, the Lecture Media Coordinator will collaborate closely with instructional designers, faculty course developers, the lecture media team, and the multimedia project manager to ensure that proposed lecture projects are well-defined, the scope is clear, and all faculty-generated materials are available prior to scheduling. This position works closely with faculty and administrators to assess how lecture-capture technology can be leveraged to augment students’ abilities to meet course learning outcomes.
Oregon State University and the Division of Ecampus maintain and enhance a collaborative and inclusive community that is dedicated to equity and equal opportunity. All employees of the division are responsible for ensuring that these commitments are achieved. The lecture media coordinator contributes to these goals by helping faculty regardless of their level of technical knowledge, greeting them warmly, making them feel comfortable before recording, asking for their feedback, and creating a space where equipment and supplies can be easily moved for any accommodation.
• This classification requires a basic foundation of knowledge and skills of technology and information systems generally obtained through an AA degree in computer science, information systems, educational technology, communications, or related fields, or similar certified course work in applicable fields of study and at least one year of related work experience.
• Excellent computer skills, including word processing, database management, photo editing, and presentation software.
• Experience and skills in audio editing, including digital audio recording and screen capture technology such as Camtasia.
• Experience with public contact/customer service skills, including written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrates a commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
• This position is designated as a critical or security-sensitive position; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a criminal history check and be determined to be position qualified as per OSU Standard 576-055-0000 et seq. Incumbents are required to self-report convictions and those in Youth Programs may have additional Criminal History Checks every 24 months.
• Bachelor’s degree in new media communications, computer science, information systems, educational technology, or related fields.
• Experience working in higher education, including experience with online courses.
• Experience with PowerPoint, Camtasia, Adobe Presenter.
• Web design, and HTML experience.
• Experience with Canvas, Blackboard, or other learning management systems for the application of online and hybrid education courses.
• Outstanding experience explaining information to clients about specific programs and services, and providing in-depth technical information regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
• Proven project management experience and ability to balance multiple deadlines.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment across multiple teams/units.
OSU is committed to a culture of civility, respect, and inclusivity. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, OSU values diversity in our faculty and staff regardless of their self-identity; to that end, we particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, individuals with disabilities, veterans, women, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
For more details and to apply go to http://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/82150
Application deadline: 9/22/2019
Complete details: http://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/82150