Post Date: 11/04/2019
Close Date: 12/06/2019
This is a full time position (40 hours/week) located at an enhanced care residential facility in SE Portland. The schedule is Thursday - Monday, with a variety of day shifts (8:00am - 4:30pm) and mid shifts (11:30am - 8:00pm).
The Counselor II works collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team environment, providing skills training and psychosocial programming in the facility and in the community for persons with severe and persistent mental illness residing in an Enhanced Care Facility, while supporting a Trauma Informed Care environment. With the high prevalence of trauma among individuals receiving mental health services, it is required the Counselor II understand the effects of trauma on health, coping, and other aspects of the lives of those we serve. The incumbent will work collaboratively with the Enhanced Care Facilities managers and supervisors; however direct supervision will be provided by a Program Manager at Cascadia. This position involves participation and implementation of program goals and objectives to promote a strengths-based, client-centered approach to assisting residents in achieving individual goals.
- A Bachelor's degree in a behavioral science field from an accredited college or university.
- Must demonstrate the competencies as outlined in the Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR) to become credentialed as a Qualified Mental Health Associate (QMHA). Certification must be maintained current and in compliance with the OAR’s.
- Relevant experience includes working in a long term care facilities or residential settings and/or experience working with individuals coping with a serious mental illness.
- Experience working with older adults is a plus.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of strength based case management philosophies and strategies
- Ability to implement recovery model, motivational interviewing, and illness management and recovery
- Ability to operate computer hardware and software (including Electronic Medical Record software) at a level needed to effectively perform job functions
- Knowledge of accepted treatment practice
- Ability to enter data and retrieve data and to prepare simple reports
- Driving may be required at some of our locations. If driving is required, incumbent must possess a valid driver’s license, a recent three consecutive year driving history; clean driving record, ability to pass Driver Motor Vehicle (DMV) check and complete the Cascadia online Defensive Driving course.
- Ability to perform CPR, First Aid, and properly use AED equipment. CPR/ First Aid certifications are required and must remain current.
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)