Post Date: 03/06/2020
Close Date: 04/13/2020
Classes Before and After Care Provider
Special Project, Part-Time
Positions available scheduled to work 40 hours per week or 30 hours per week
Scheduled to work June 2020 –August 2020.
Are you experienced in safely caring for children? Looking for a summer opportunity? Come join us at the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry as a Classes Before and After Care Provider. You will be responsible for all aspects of either before, or after care programming associated with the Science Classes program, including the provision of structured, science related crafts and games.
What you’ll do:
• Prepare classroom to provide a stimulating learning environment.
• Work cooperatively with instructors, assistants, volunteers, and coordinators.
• Communicate with diverse audiences and maintain strong customer service skills.
• Present organized, interesting, and enthusiastic science related activities based on prepared curriculum or self-produced material.
• Encourage students’ natural curiosity by allowing the time and resources necessary for student explorations.
• Manage students in a classroom environment
• Prepare activities, and arrange classroom before and after class.
What you’ll need:
• Ability to follow basic instructions.
• Good customer service skills.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
• Good organizational skills.
• Understanding of confidentiality and protocol.
• Working knowledge of (and demonstrated enthusiasm for) either educational or scientific disciplines.
• Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
• High School diploma or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Working knowledge of a science or education oriented field.
• Minimum 1 year of teaching or child-care experience.
• Pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check and reference checks.
• Current CPR and first aid certification (training can be provided at cost to the employee).
• $13.25 - $14.00 per hour, depending on experience.
• Competitive health benefits.
Want to join the OMSI team? Visit http://www.omsi.edu/careers to learn more and apply!
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.edu/careers