Post Date: 07/02/2018
Close Date: 12/31/2018
Women's Resource Center Office Assistant - Sylvania Campus
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09441
Location: Sylvania Campus
Address: 12000 SW 49th Ave. and 2305 SE 82nd and Division
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Classified; Salary Level 15, Fulltime, Non-exempt
Starting Salary Range: $2,639 - $4,262 per month
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
PCC is looking for a Women's Resource Center Office Assistant who will perform a wide variety of responsible office support and administrative functions in support of the Women's Resource Center on the Sylvania Campus.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.
Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
- Starts at 6.67 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
- 8 hours of Sick Leave per month
- 24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year
- 11 Paid Holidays
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
1. Greets customers of the department, or other personnel of the college, by phone, in person or through electronic media. Assesses customers' needs and explains services, processes, procedures and guidelines. Handles requests/transactions or directs the person or matter to the proper sources. Assists in resolving problems and ensuring satisfactory customer service.
2. Processes forms or applications to ensure accuracy and completeness; computes or verifies data, fees or payments, enters data and forwards or files paperwork.
3. Uses a personal computer and a variety of office software applications including word processing, Email, and file management. Prepares documents in Word from scratch or using predefined templates and form letters. Creates or maintains files in Excel. May create PowerPoint presentations and use Access or other databases.
4. May assist in creating or maintaining the department's web and intranet pages and use web publishing software to create documents and other web-based resources.
5. Operates other office equipment such as printers, copy machines, fax machines. May serve as liaison with service and vendor personnel.
6. May provide direct or indirect assistance to academic functions and services. These include class scheduling, administration of student records, test administration and scoring, supporting counseling/advising services and general support to programs in all areas of the college.
7. Most positions make extensive use of large and complex databases of department records and services such as Banner. Enter information, ensure the accuracy and completeness of the data and generate reports or outputs as needed.
8. Performs research and data gathering activities and may prepare reports or summaries of information. Prepares or maintains reports or records and other statistical or quantitative data.
9. May serve as receiver of mail or correspondence for the work unit or area. Opens or reviews correspondence and determines proper disposition.
10. May have some or all responsibility for department supplies and inventories. Tracks status and orders, purchases, maintains or distributes as needed.
11. Files documents and may be responsible for developing or modifying filing practices, including use of electronic rather than paper records.
12. Coordinates and organizes meetings, and other department activities and functions. May schedule or obtain use of rooms and may set up rooms and equipment for use.
13. May assist in handling personnel or payroll functions, actions, forms and records.
14. May assist in handling and tracking of financial matters, including development or maintenance of the department budget, revenue, expenses or other funding sources.
15. May assist in developing or revising procedures, practices and forms.
16. Attends and participates in meetings and committees and may take minutes or notes and perform follow-up activities.
17. May provide administrative support or assistance in certain defined areas to supervisor or other personnel in the office.
18. May receive, record and/or track incoming payments receipts and makes proper distribution of records and funds. Researches and resolves discrepancies and makes proper accounting distribution.
19. May provide training and informal guidance and direction to other employees.
Positions in this classification may perform all or some of the functions above and other related duties as assigned.
This is the intermediate level in the Office Assistant job family. Incumbents in this classification perform a wide variety of responsible office support and administrative functions in support of the assigned college program, service, or department. The Office Assistant II position requires full proficiency in general office functions as well as the ability to learn and use a significant level of technical knowledge of the department or area of assignment.
To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements (experience requirements use full-time equivalent):
High school diploma or equivalent. Three years of office assistant experience. College or business school training may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience.
- Contemporary office practices, procedures and techniques;
- Spelling, vocabulary, math and grammar skills appropriate to the level of the position;
- Basic budget principles.
- Operating a computer and various software packages;
- Operating a variety of office equipment;
- Identifying student needs and matching them with available resources;
- Creating, organizing and keeping records.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships;
- Meet college expectations regarding customer service;
- Maintain a reliable and dependable attendance record;
- Provide effective and responsive service to department customers and contacts;
- Locate information using electronic resources, including the Intranet and Internet, as assigned;
- Learn and utilize Banner or other information systems and databases
Positions in this job family typically work in an office setting but may be assigned more physical duties such as transporting office supplies and equipment. Some positions may involve limited local travel.
-A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion.
-Exceptional interpersonal skills when speaking or writing.
-Excellent organizational skills.
-Experience working with students facing barriers to accessing education
Additional Posting Information:
"Women's Resource Center Office Assistant" is the working title for this position; the formal title in the PCC job classification system is "Office Assistant II".
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed online application
2. Cover Letter (attach document)* please explain how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications in the cover letter
3. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Classified Employees (PCCFCE). Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction. Probationary period will be in accordance with Article 13 of the Classified Agreement. Current Classified employees are encouraged to review Article 15 for salary placement guidelines.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1250792
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1250792