Post Date: 07/09/2019
Close Date: 07/18/2019
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens
TITLE: Wellness Services Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Old Town Clinic
REPORTS TO: Health Literacy, Education, and Wellness Program Manager
SALARY: $17.00 - $18.70 Hourly
SCHEDULE: .50 FTE, Monday-Friday 12:30pm-4:30pm
SUMMARY: The Wellness Services Coordinator (WCS) organizes, promotes, provides, and evaluates the effectiveness of therapeutic groups available to all OTC and OTRC patients. The WCS may also supervises community volunteers who provide groups. The goals of these groups are to:
1) increase patient self-efficacy,
2) improve functioning in activities of daily life, and
3) increase overall health and wellness.
Groups are evidence based and include (for example) improving nutrition, increasing stress management skills, increasing creativity (written, oral, movement-based), mindfulness and other positive psychology skills, yoga, and enhancing physical fitness.
1. Minimum of bachelor’s degree in counseling, psychology, social work, health education, or related field. Masters degree preferred.
2. Preferred experience in health education, preferably Tobacco Cessation and Chronic Pain Assessment/Intake, knowledge of care management, wellness or disease management programs in a FQHC.
3. Must have a high tolerance for ambiguity and change.
4. Must pass pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check
5. Must have current CPR certification or must be able to obtain in one month.
6. Must be able to occasionally lift items of approximately 25 pounds.
7. If using a vehicle for agency use, must possess a current driver’s license, access to a vehicle, qualify as an Acceptable Driver as designated in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety policy. Must pass an initial drivers training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification training. Must
maintain vehicle insurance coverage of a minimum of $100,000/$300,000 personal auto liability coverage.
8. Must have the ability to complete forms thoroughly, accurately and with legible handwriting.
9. If in recovery, must be able to document continuous abstinence under independent living conditions or recovery housing for the immediate past two years.
10. Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects.
11. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
12. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, life-styles and sexual orientations
HOW TO APPLY:
To view the full job description and apply visit:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran's status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs