Post Date: 04/15/2019
Close Date: 06/30/2019
Are you seeking a different kind of leadership position, one where you get to make a hands-on difference every day?
If so, UCP Oregon might have the perfect job for you! UCP Oregon is one of the top-ranked non-profit employers in Oregon and we’re currently seeking a “Family Support Director.”
UCP supports children and adults who experience various developmental and intellectual disabilities to live the life of their choosing. For adults, we offer independent living, employment support, and case management. For children, we offer one-on-one supports and skills training. For families, we offer connection to resources and support networks, fun outings, and respite care. We have approximately 200 employees in the Portland area. Our culture is progressive, casual, and open door.
UCP Family Support started in the 1980’s with three volunteers who were mothers of children with cerebral palsy. The mission of Family Support is to provide information, resources and support to families raising children with cerebral palsy and similar physical disabilities in order to assist them to develop support networks and additional sources of stability. Connecting parents to other parents is one of the main functions of this department. To do this, the Family Support Director organizes monthly support groups, family outings, trainings, and a Family Support Conference every other year. Family Support also offers the Respitality and Date Night Services that provide donated hotel rooms and date night activities to parents throughout Oregon and Clark County to give them a much needed break from their parenting responsibilities.
The successful candidate will take on a leadership role in creating new opportunities to bring families together, expand their resources, and offer them training and technical assistance to enhance their parenting skills. The Family Support Director will be supported by the part-time Family Support Assistant.
Hours & Location:
• UCP Oregon is open to negotiating the hours for this position. This position can be between 30 to 40 hours per week. It is a salaried position; exempt from overtime. Your salary and benefits will be prorated depending on the number of hours you work per week (see Pay & Benefits section below). Please specify in your cover letter the number of hours you would like to work each week.
• Your schedule will be reasonably flexible and self-directed after your training period (two months). During the week, some evening and weekend hours may be required to meet with families. When you work evening and weekend hours, you will flex your schedule during the weekdays to accommodate.
• Our office is located near NE 102nd Avenue & Burnside.
• Welcome new families to UCP’s Family Support Service by connecting them to our Facebook support group, sending them our Newly-Diagnosed packets, and providing information about appropriate early intervention and developmental disability resources. UCP Oregon is working with over 800 families in Oregon and Washington.
• Provide continuous and timely contact with new and current families related to finding in-home supports, training, and resource navigation via phone and email.
• Produce a quarterly newsletter that promotes resources and upcoming events and trainings.
• Plan, promote and implement events for families and children, including the monthly support group, family outings, trainings, and the every-other-year Family Support Conference.
• Promote and participate in legislative advocacy to increase services for children that experience intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD).
• Collaborate with other family organizations throughout Oregon to stay aware of resources and legislative activities.
• Attend conferences representing UCP Family Support; present at Development Disability team meetings to share with county caseworkers the services and supports UCP provide to families.
• Actively participate in the UCP Director Team with leaders representing each UCP service department and relevant all-agency committees. Every month at the directors’ meeting, you will be required to submit a department report.
• Collaborate with the Children’s Services Manager to promote team unity and stronger wrap-around services.
• Supervise and direct the Family Support Assistant.
• Oversee the every-other-year Family Support Conference which involves:
o Direct and support the Family Support Task Force to plan and implement the conference
o Apply for grants for conference operating expenses and attendee scholarships
o Space and meal logistical planning
o Create and update marketing materials in order to promote the conference in applicable sources
o Identify and schedule all the speakers including the Key Note presenter as well as the workshop moderators
o Recruit and coordinate conference vendors
o Recruit and coordinate volunteers and childcare providers for conference support
o Determine scholarship recipients for conference attendance
o Coordinate online registration for all conference attendees
o Procure and package conference raffle items
o Create and update conference presentation materials
o Coordinate a post-conference evaluation survey
Pay & Benefits:
• For a 40-hour position, $50,335 to $55,997 annual salary (DOE); exempt from overtime.
• For a 30-hour position, $37,751 to $41,998 annual salary (DOE); exempt from overtime.
• Great medical, vision, prescription, and alternative care coverage (including massage therapy and naturopathy) for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
• 4 weeks of paid time off, rising to 5 weeks after 5 years of service at UCP (for a 30-hour position, prorated PTO).
• 8 paid holidays off per year (for a 30-hour position, prorated holidays).
• 401k retirement plan with up to 3% employer match.
• Mileage and expense reimbursement.
• For a 40-hour position, paid sabbatical after ten years of service.
• Fun, casual work environment at one of the top-ranked non-profits in Oregon.
• Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of work experience in the field of developmental disabilities, social services, education, mental health or a related field; or high school diploma/GED and 4+ years of work experience in developmental disabilities, social services, education, mental health or related field.
• Preferred qualification: Experience with the disability community – such as a parent, family member or caregiver of a child experiencing disability, and/or experience working with other marginalized/underserved communities.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines with little supervision.
• Strategic thinker and leader with exceptional management and organizational skills.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate with diverse groups of people.
• Strong interpersonal, active listening, and empathetic skills.
• Creative, self-starting and oriented toward action and results.
• Able to plan, promote, and implement small and large events.
• Excellent computer skills. High degree of competency using Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Constant Contact and social media platforms.
• Non-profit work experience preferred.
• Travel is required. Must possess a car, valid driver’s license, and current personal auto insurance.
• Must be available to work a flexible schedule that may include occasional evenings and weekends.
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
• Occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs; frequent keyboarding and sitting.
• This position is open until filled, but we will begin reaching out to select applicants sooner, so applicants are encouraged to apply early.
• It’s easy to apply! Visit http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html and look for the “Family Support Director” job opening. Then answer a few questions and send a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please highlight your service accomplishments and specify the number of hours you would like to work each week.
• UCP is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. Find out more about UCP at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/.
Complete details: https://www.workable.com/j/616E2C2998