Post Date: 02/21/2019
Close Date: 03/31/2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Metering IT Solutions Manager (R1-19-0421)
As the Metering IT Solutions Project Manager, you’ll be responsible for managing all aspects of Meter Services & Field Operations projects in the Smart Grid Operations Division, typically involving multiple disciplines in the IT function. You would be the point person acting as the IT consultant and liaison for the Meter Services & Field Operations department. In addition, you’ll provide expertise and leadership skills to direct staff and resolve issues to ensure project goals and requirements are met. As such, you will employ Agile techniques and project management practices. Are you up for the challenge?
Your journey includes the following responsibilities:
• Program Management
• Business Analysis
• Project Management
• Portfolio, Program and Project Support
• Methods and Tools
• Data Analysis
• Financial Management
• Business Process Improvement
• Portfolio Management
• Systems Development Management
For detailed descriptions of the responsibilities, please refer to the full job description.
• Knowledge of the software development and system implementation process, including requirements gathering.
• Knowledge in system design techniques, testing, implementation, release and version control and training approaches.
• Knowledge in establishing detailed work plans and staffing needs for each phase of the project. Arrange for the assignment or recruitment of appropriate project personnel.
• Knowledge of standard project management tools and techniques.
• Knowledge in developing and updating project plan, schedule, risk management plan, change management plan and communications plan.
• Experience in an Agile/Scrum software development environment and working with Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) are highly desired.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, engineering management or other related field or equivalent experience. A master’s in business administration is preferred. Typically, eight or more years of experience in the development, implementation and maintenance of large-scale IT systems, with five or more years in a project management role.
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req= R1-19-0421. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING