Post Date: 07/03/2019
Close Date: 08/30/2019
Chemical Dependency Counselor
Full-Time, Full- Benefits
The Chemical Dependency Counselor is responsible for substance use/dependence treatment for assigned clients. This includes individual and group counseling along with specialized consultation, case management, care coordination and communication with youth’s family and support team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides assessments, individual counseling and group counseling, utilizing knowledge of current best practices in substance use disorders.
• Demonstrates sensitivity and understanding of specific barriers which may lead to lack of access and engagement.
• Assesses, diagnoses, and provides treatment for clients affected by substance use/dependence.
• Works collaboratively with family and/or community members to enhance treatment planning and discharge.
• Completes timely documentation including clinical assessments, treatment plans, and progress notes.
SAGE is a 12-bed residential program designed to support and treat females identifying youth ages 11 to 16, who are survivors of Commercial Sexual Exploitation. Services include intensive mental health treatment services, physical health services, milieu treatment and safe housing, on site education and development of safe health supports in the community. SAGE services are holistic and collaborative, trauma informed and aimed at breaking the destructive cycles of trauma and abuse and supporting the development of each individual youth.
Education and Work Experience:
• Certified alcohol and drug counselor (CADC) I or higher
• At least 1 year working with high risk youth, in community or residential setting
• Minimum of two years sobriety if recovering from chemical dependence
• Proficient in computer skills using Word, Excel, EHRs, databases etc.
• Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
• Child welfare and/or child protective service experience preferred
• Must pass a DHS criminal background check
• Must meet agency driving requirements
Starting Pay Rate:
Chemical Dependency Counselor: $15.60 - $16.59
Bilingual (Spanish) Chemical Dependency Counselor: $17.00 - $18.08
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
External Candidate Process: Click here to apply:
*** External candidates, if viewing job through Indeed.com or Glassdoor go to: https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “Chemical Dependency Counselor ” and click: “Apply for Job”
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center > Chemical Dependency Counselor
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/chemical-dependency-counselor/