Post Date: 08/13/2019
Close Date: 09/13/2019
14.9400 To 18.4500 (USD) Hourly
A healthy community begins at home. REACH provides quality affordable housing for individuals, families, and communities to thrive.
REACH is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
This organization believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing support to the Property Management Staff, as well as being the first point of contact for customers and tenants. This position provides an environment for the incumbent to become familiar with the roles and responsibilities of the Property Management.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
• Reception and customer service functions for the property management department’s main phone line.
• Answer incoming telephone calls, directing callers to resources or staff dependent upon the request or need.
• Answer general questions about REACH housing and application material.
• Filing away confidential documents, tracking messages, and answering correspondence.
• Assist with mailings, data entry, correspondence, reports and other office tasks.
• Ensure Property Management suite is clean, orderly, and stocked.
• Assist in setting up supplies, resources and refreshments for department meetings.
REACH employees are expected and required to behave in a professional and courteous manner in doing REACH business and dealing with other staff, residents, and all contacts inside and outside the organization. Profanity, derogatory and abusive language is specifically forbidden.
Scope and Accountability:
• Incumbent follows routine procedures and established guidelines, does not independently make decisions, and performs work under moderate to close supervision.
• Work under established guidelines and controls including REACH administration policies and procedures.
• Operates from established and well-known procedures.
• Job is not supervisory in nature
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
• Strong Customer Service and interpersonal skills
• Clear, courteous verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of Fair Housing Laws and Regulations (Preferred, but not necessary)
Education and/or Experience
• High school education or equivalent
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• May be exposed to angry, distraught or potentially violent people
• May require the need for frequent shifting of priorities and deadlines
• Requires work with a variety of age groups
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and readily and effectively communicate. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include ability to effectively see within an office environment, which may include long term computer exposure, and to adjust focus accordingly. The employee will be required to type on a keyboard regularly and daily.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.
The company reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship is “At-Will”. The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
Complete details: https://reachcdc.org/reach/careers