Post Date: 05/29/2019
Close Date: 07/03/2019
Mental Health Therapist
Portland Metro Area
Full time, Full Benefits
The Mental Health Therapist position provides outpatient mental health and/or substance use treatment services for children, adolescents, and their families, in a Clinic-Based Outpatient setting. Mental Health Therapists conduct assessments, treatment planning, individual, family, and group therapy. This position is responsible for maintaining the clinical record for each client and ensuring the clinical record meets all compliance standards. Therapists are part of a multi-disciplinary team, and as part of the larger organization, employees of Morrison share a commitment to the Sanctuary Model and its principles.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of developmental needs of children and adolescents from birth to 18 years of age, and the ability to adequately use the DSM V Diagnostic Criteria. They will value equity and inclusion, and be comfortable working with a diverse population in a dynamic environment.
• Training – Outpatient Mental Health Therapists are trained in Incredible Years, Seeking Safety, ARC Model
•Supervision – Mental Health Therapist are supported through active supervision to gain hours for licensure
•CADC Credentialing – Training in alcohol and drug services
About the Program:
Our Outpatient program provides therapeutic mental health services and substance abuse treatment for youth and their families in Clinic-Based Outpatient, and Community- and School-Based Outpatient settings. At the core of our work is a deep respect for each youth’s unique strengths, experiences, and cultural perspectives. We work with youth and their support systems, identifying strengths and goals that help us create an individualized treatment plan for them. Each treatment plan addresses the challenges that brought the youth into treatment. We are committed to supporting the growth of each child and adolescent as they strive to realize their full potential.
Education and Work Experience:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• Master’s degree in psychology, social work, counseling, or related field required
• Two years of direct treatment experience in a mental health setting
• Meets QMHP requirements under State of Oregon Administrative Rules required
• Current Oregon Licensed mental health professional preferred
• Must pass DHS criminal history check
• Must meet agency driving requirements
• Requires flexible schedule and work hours. May require evening work hours in excess of routine schedule in order to assure optimal program operations and service delivery
Starting Pay Range:
Mental Health Therapist: $19.36-$22.99
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
We have open positions in four of our Outpatient Clinics, please indicate your preference. Interested in more than one location? Great! Tell us which locations you’d like to apply to in your application materials.
• Beaverton Outpatient – Job Code: MHT-451
• Gresham Outpatient– Job Code: MHT-441
• Portland Outpatient – Job Code: MHT-445
Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and reference job code in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter. Indicate that you’re applying for the Mental Health Therapist position.
• Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services following the directions above to 503-736-9759.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/mental-health-therapist-clinic-based/