Post Date: 09/26/2019
Close Date: 10/24/2019
The Insurance Contract & Credentialing Specialist coordinates and evaluates all health insurance contracts for Volunteers of America Oregon. This position actively seeks out new insurance contract opportunities and oversees the contract renewal process. Participates in contracts negotiation, and distributes contract information and status updates to all internal and external parties. Keeps agency and all providers credentialed with insurance companies and coordinated care organizations (CCOs). Additionally, coordinates with program leadership and Human Resources to keep all provider credentials up to date with all State licensing boards.
The Insurance Contract & Credentialing Specialist performs these duties with precision and in a manner that helps the organization meet its goals. Communications are clear and thoughtful. Must be a team player and results oriented. The Insurance Contract & Credentialing Specialist must be flexible to adapt to changes in priorities and duties.
Education, Training and Experience:
• High school diploma or GED required.
• 2 years’ experience in a billing or medical office setting required.
• 2 years’ experience required with insurance contracting and credentialing and with provider credentialing in compliance with all state, federal, and county requirements.
• Medical billing certification preferred.
• Knowledge of ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS coding.
• Preference given for experience with medical/health related contracting.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite - Access, Excel, Word and Outlook. Requires intermediate Excel spreadsheet skills, plus skills in typing.
• Attention to detail is required.
• Ability to plan, prioritize and follow through on assigned tasks with tight deadlines.
• Ability to edit, proofread, and review documents for accuracy, clarity and grammatical use.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to organize, analyze and present large volume of data as useful information.
• Ability to maintain client confidentiality in a manner consistent with HIPAA, 42 CFR and other legal standards.
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
• Ability to pass a criminal background check.
• Reliable form of transportation.
Compensation: $20.50 hour + Depends on Experience and/or Certifications. Visit our career page for more details. This is a full-time position with benefits. Generous benefits package includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, 15 days of paid time off, 403(b) retirement contributions, flexible spending account, employee assistance program, and other voluntary benefits and discounts
Interested applicants must apply online at www.voaor.org/explore-careers
If you need assistance completing online application, please contact the HR department.
Throughout our over 100 years of providing services to the community, the name Volunteers of America Oregon has become synonymous with compassion and care. We've earned our reputation through dedication and tireless commitment to helping individuals and families create safer, healthier, and more stable lifestyles. For as long as we've been around, our programs have been changing lives. Some people say they can't imagine doing what we do. We say, "We can't imagine not doing it!"
Volunteers of America Oregon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Complete details: https://www.voaor.org/explore-careers